New Taco Villa going up...Benbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Taco Villa going up...Benbrook

Very popular place in the Amarillo area. Anyway, there is a new one being built on Hwy 377 in Benbrook.
    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 06-19-2012, 11:45 PM. Reason: NOW OPEN

Look for them to add multiple units this year.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I grew up with taco villa, and in the realm of shitty mexican food (taco bell, bueno, etc.) I like them the best. Same company owns Rosa's which is better quality and good too for fast mexican. Pretty crazy how much Rosa's and Taco Villa has grown over the last 5 years, I wonder if he is going to bring Texas Burger(Bobby Cox's other restaurant chain) to DFW next.

Comment

I hate Taco Bell....can hardly stand to Rosa's or Taco Cabana. Taco Villa was a weekly stop when I lived in Amarillo.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          I wonder if he is going to bring Texas Burger(Bobby Cox's other restaurant chain) to DFW next.
          From wha I hear, not for the foreseeable future.

Comment

I grew up with taco villa, and in the realm of shitty mexican food (taco bell, bueno, etc.) I like them the best. Same company owns Rosa's which is better quality and good too for fast mexican. Pretty crazy how much Rosa's and Taco Villa has grown over the last 5 years, I wonder if he is going to bring Texas Burger(Bobby Cox's other restaurant chain) to DFW next.
            Same here back in Odessa when I was a kid. Taco Villa, Texas Burger and Stars.

Bean burrito w/ fries ftw.
            You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

11:00am on a Saturday...stop by Taco Villa order 2 meat burritos, an order of mexi fries, a large Peach Tea and an apple burrito. Then your set for a trip to the salvage yard or car show! At least that is how most of my weekends were spent back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                From wha I hear, not for the foreseeable future.
                Personally I think Texas Burger is better than whataburger and JITB, but it is also more expensive.

Comment

Personally I think Texas Burger is better than whataburger and JITB, but it is also more expensive.
                  I've never had it, I just know that Rosa's and TV are their growth vehicles, not Texas Burger.

It's not hard to be better than JITB.

Comment

They need to add one up here in Mckinney. I always go when I'm back home in Amarillo. I always go to the one on Georgia St off of I-40. Not sure of whole story, but I believe back in the day Taco Bell bought them and closed them down in Amarillo. Lots of peeps got pissed and opened them back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                      Not sure of whole story, but I believe back in the day Taco Bell bought them and closed them down in Amarillo. Lots of peeps got pissed and opened them back up.
                      Same thing happened in Midland, when I was little it was always Taco Villa, then at some point they all shut down and we had Taco Bell, now we are back to Taco Villa with new locations and only one Taco Bell/KFC place left in town. Almost every old Taco Villa building from back in the day is a donut shop now and I think one is Thai place.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                        Same here back in Odessa when I was a kid. Taco Villa, Texas Burger and Stars.

Bean burrito w/ fries ftw.
                        Taco Burger!!! I love those and the Guadalajara tostada was excellent. When I was in OHS, we were at Gattis after the game and Taco Villa the rest of the time.

Comment

Taco Villa is NOW OPEN for business!

Comment

I'll take a Taco Rito and a bean and cheese burrito with extra red sauce.

Comment

Had it yesterday. Meh... I am not a huge fan. I think the texture of the meat is what bugs me. Its "soft" like cat food.

Comment

Working...
                              X