Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    The truck wasn't leaking before I took it in...at the rate it is leaking right now I would have never made it to the store in the first place. It drained roughly 5 quarts of oil from the time I left the parking lot to my house....4.6 miles.
    Maybe you answered this already, but how did you not notice a huge amount of oil and smoke on the drive home, or at least when you parked it in the garage and got out? There's no way it kicked out a quart per mile and you didn't notice.

I drove home with no issue (5 miles on backroads at low speeds) and parked in the garage. Came out around 8pm to go meet some friends and noticed a considerable amount of oil on the ground under the truck.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Maybe you answered this already, but how did you not notice a huge amount of oil and smoke on the drive home, or at least when you parked it in the garage and got out? There's no way it kicked out a quart per mile and you didn't notice.
      i know you already know this, but your biggest mistake was noticing the oil all under your truck before taking it and not investigating.

if i were you, i'd change the oil/filter, inspect everything and go about your merry way if everything checks out. if you find something severely fucked up then pursue it.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Wish I had a good answer for that..I saw oil under the truck in the parking lot where they parked it and oil was on the drivers side front tire and surrounding areas...to be honest I just assumed they were very messy and spilled oil during the oil change. Wish like hell I had stopped right then and started asking questions..I'm not sure how I got home without losing oil pressure but the gauge showed full pressure when I left and I never got a warning. Make your assumptions all you want..but yes...without checking the level on the dipstick at Walmart I have no idea if it was full when I left or if it all leaked out before I got in..but I can tell you when I got home there is nothing showing on the dipstick. I have no reason to try and screw Walmart on an oil change...why would I? They have every reason to try and screw me AFTER they fucked up..they don't want to accept responsibility for their technician making a mistake (Which I still don't know what they did)..and the only way I can find out is the get under the truck and remove the filter..at which point Walmart will say I tampered with it and deny any wrong doing. I'm going to be fucked either way.

Comment

You could always have an oil sample analysis done on the oil that is still left in the pan. Costs 30 or 40 bucks. It’ll tell you if there’s metal or whatever in there.
          If the sample is fine - I’d personally fix it and move on, but I understand being pissed and the principle...

Or call Walmart and ask who their serving agent is (for a lawsuit) and their address. That may get their attention. Go down to the JP for the county that store is in and take them to small claims court, under $5k I believe. You’ll need to quantify your ‘loss’ somehow.

Just a couple ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            if i were you, i'd change the oil/filter, inspect everything and go about your merry way if everything checks out. if you find something severely fucked up then pursue it.
            This^^

Good luck,
            mardyn

Comment

So I decided to go ahead and jack it up and get under it and see what I could find rather than wait for Walmart to do jack shit. The oil filter wasn't tight. Not even a little. Its like they threaded it on and spun it a couple times and stopped. I'm surprised it didn't fall off driving home. Bought a new filter and oil and filled it up. Doesn't leak a drop. I'm relieved it was that simple....and mad as hell that Walmart wasn't even interested in resolving it much less even looking into it. I may go ask for a refund on the service but doubt I'll get that. FUCK WALMART

Comment

So I decided to go ahead and jack it up and get under it and see what I could find rather than wait for Walmart to do jack shit. The oil filter wasn't tight. Not even a little. Its like they threaded it on and spun it a couple times and stopped. I'm surprised it didn't fall off driving home. Bought a new filter and oil and filled it up. Doesn't leak a drop. I'm relieved it was that simple....and mad as hell that Walmart wasn't even interested in resolving it much less even looking into it. I may go ask for a refund on the service but doubt I'll get that. FUCK WALMART
                Lesson learned.

Comment

Wish I had a good answer for that..I saw oil under the truck in the parking lot where they parked it and oil was on the drivers side front tire and surrounding areas...to be honest I just assumed they were very messy and spilled oil during the oil change. Wish like hell I had stopped right then and started asking questions..I'm not sure how I got home without losing oil pressure but the gauge showed full pressure when I left and I never got a warning. Make your assumptions all you want..but yes...without checking the level on the dipstick at Walmart I have no idea if it was full when I left or if it all leaked out before I got in..but I can tell you when I got home there is nothing showing on the dipstick. I have no reason to try and screw Walmart on an oil change...why would I? They have every reason to try and screw me AFTER they fucked up..they don't want to accept responsibility for their technician making a mistake (Which I still don't know what they did)..and the only way I can find out is the get under the truck and remove the filter..at which point Walmart will say I tampered with it and deny any wrong doing. I'm going to be fucked either way.
                  Heres my question. Does the gauge actually read oil pressure? In my Miatas it is just a dummy gauge. It goes up and down with the RPM and reads zero actual oil pressure. How much oil do you think was left in it when you got home?
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Heres my question. Does the gauge actually read oil pressure? In my Miatas it is just a dummy gauge. It goes up and down with the RPM and reads zero actual oil pressure. How much oil do you think was left in it when you got home?
                    When I drained the pan and filter last night I came up with 2.5 quarts. I can't tell you how accurate it is but it is an actual gauge.

Comment

I may go ask for a refund on the service but doubt I'll get that. FUCK WALMART
                      go in and raise hell.. I know it’s cheap but you basically got no miles on the oil change they gave you due to the incompetent tech. Then leave a shitty yelp review explaining the situation.. I think I’m gonna start doing my own oil changes moving forward.
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

On that note, very glad to hear your truck isn’t fucked up! Could’ve been expensive
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Glad to hear the problem was easily resolved... very frustrating with the lack of concern/action by Walmart to address the issue.

mardyn

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            go in and raise hell.. I know it’s cheap but you basically got no miles on the oil change they gave you due to the incompetent tech. Then leave a shitty yelp review explaining the situation. I think I’m gonna start doing my own oil changes moving forward.
                            This...I rarely leave negative reviews online but this situation would be one that calls for doing so in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              On that note, very glad to hear your truck isn’t fucked up! Could’ve been expensive
                              Yeah but has some subtle damage been done that will shorten the engine life? Something he gets to find out about long afterwards. And then walmart can claim it wasn't their fault.
                              WH

Comment

I would be trading that truck in.

Comment

Working...
                                X