• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy shit is 9mm Dillon really that much hotter than 10mm? Thats crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by GAP View Post
      7.62x25?
      That ship has sailed. I didn't include it because everyone thinks PPSh-41 7.62x25 is normal pistol ammo.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
        Holy shit is 9mm Dillon really that much hotter than 10mm? Thats crazy
        It's a necked down 10mm case with a 9mm in it, when you add a neck you increase velocity substantially.

Sounds great until you realize it has a history of damaging your hearing even with hearing protection in.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• As you can see .50GI is crap, what a useless cartridge. .460 Rowland is a beast though. I just wish they could get it to work without a damn compensator, I hate compensators.
          Last edited by CJ; 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• My .22LR data is wrong, 975fps is way too low.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              It's a necked down 10mm case with a 9mm in it, when you add a neck you increase velocity substantially.

Sounds great until you realize it has a history of damaging your hearing even with hearing protection in.
              It's still an awesome round hearing loss and all. I think a 6" longslide 1911 chambered in 9x25 would be badass and hell on pigs.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• I've always disagreed with the stereotype of 9mm luger being weak compared to the other common cartridges. This was reassuring. Thanks CJ!

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...
                1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
                2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
                2000 F250 4x4 PSD
                2012 Ford Exploder
                www.fquick.com/payne5757
                www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

• Originally posted by payne5757 View Post
                  I've always disagreed with the stereotype of 9mm luger being weak compared to the other common cartridges. This was reassuring. Thanks CJ!

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...
                  And that's not +p ammo which puts it around 500ftlbs (doubletap and maybe some other loads) with the .40SW.
                  IMG_0424

Comment

And that's not +p ammo which puts it around 500ftlbs (doubletap and maybe some other loads) with the .40SW.
                    Right, but a .40S&W +P will separate from 9mm just the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Right, but a .40S&W +P will separate from 9mm just the same.
                      Didn't even know there was such a thing.
                      IMG_0424

Comment

Didn't even know there was such a thing.
                        Yep,

580ft/lbs.

That's why I refrained from using any +P, because it just makes shit more complicated.

Comment

• What is ammo like for .38 Super? I've always wanted to try firing one of those, but I'm not sure who even make one chambered for it.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                            What is ammo like for .38 Super? I've always wanted to try firing one of those, but I'm not sure who even make one chambered for it.
                            It's pretty common in 1911's. Witnesses also can be chambered in it.

Comment

• Taurus actually makes a .38 Super 1911. It was about $550 last time I looked, 2-3 years ago.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                                Taurus actually makes a .38 Super 1911. It was about $550 last time I looked, 2-3 years ago.
                                Discontinued. That's the first manufacturer I checked.

Time to check various sites.
                                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                                X