Wrangler Unlimited advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
    I daily my 08'. Gears and a trans tuning were a must though. I still get shitty mpg but its not near the turd it was.
    Who or what did you go through for that? Just changing shift points and all that?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      Who or what did you go through for that? Just changing shift points and all that?
      programmer.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Superchips programmer, and the add on $40 trans tuning. Best money I have spent on the jeep. I can adjust the up and down shifts of all gears depending on petal percentage pushed.

Comment

Nice, will definitely have to look into that. Has anyone had any problems with the new engine?

Comment

Nice, will definitely have to look into that. Has anyone had any problems with the new engine?
            I've only got 9k on my 2013, and other than being too dumb to put the gas cap on so the CEL doesn't come on. No hiccups. 2.5 inch lift with 35's

God bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              I've only got 9k on my 2013, and other than being too dumb to put the gas cap on so the CEL doesn't come on. No hiccups. 2.5 inch lift with 35's

God bless.
              I messaged a dealership today about a 2013, trying to get the price down. Its one of the blue "Oscar Mike" edition ones. Well see how this goes!

Comment

my buddies gf bought a 12, they had to replace the head twice and the radiator once, it had less than 15k miles on it. even when it was running good, it was still a turd. she got rid of it.
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  my buddies gf bought a 12, they had to replace the head twice and the radiator once, it had less than 15k miles on it. even when it was running good, it was still a turd. she got rid of it.
                  Damn. I hear one of this for every good thing here about the 2012s+. Someone jacked something up with those heads some where.

Comment

The JK's in general have had a lot of motor problems. My mother in law bought a brand new 2011 and it need a longblock at 45k. The motor was built wrong.

The motor was consuming 1qt of oil every 1,000 miles.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Damn! Thats not comforting lol Luckily they have power train warranties till 100K. What exactly was wrong with it?

Comment

Damn! Thats not comforting lol Luckily they have power train warranties till 100K. What exactly was wrong with it?
                        wrong size rings installed. Tech said it isn't that uncommon. 3 guys on lsjc had the same problem, and I believe there was a couple guys on here that had the problem as well.

If I were you, I would buy the pentastar motor. Just get a warranty. Well, if I was you I would just buy a TJ, but sounds like you need 4 doors.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just put a 6.4 hemi in it!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            wrong size rings installed. Tech said it isn't that uncommon. 3 guys on lsjc had the same problem, and I believe there was a couple guys on here that had the problem as well.

If I were you, I would buy the pentastar motor. Just get a warranty. Well, if I was you I would just buy a TJ, but sounds like you need 4 doors.
                            Yeah I sure wouldn't mind the price of an older jeep/toy but I need something reliable and need the space for my hobbies (kayaking/camping/fishing/storm chasing etc). I've pretty much settled on the 2012s and up (penstar motor) but from what I understand all the Jks have a 100k/5yr powertrain warranty that covers all internally lubricated parts.

Comment

Yeah I sure wouldn't mind the price of an older jeep/toy but I need something reliable and need the space for my hobbies (kayaking/camping/fishing/storm chasing etc). I've pretty much settled on the 2012s and up (penstar motor) but from what I understand all the Jks have a 100k/5yr powertrain warranty that covers all internally lubricated parts.
                              check lsjc, a few of them were denied.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                check lsjc, a few of them were denied.
                                Dang. I'll have to check it out more in depth later, thanks for that site though. I'm still going through the pictures on the front page, pretty rad!

Comment

Working...
                                X