The $0.05 subsonic .300blk round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    My barrel can't stabilize the bullets. 80% shoot straight, 20% scare the shit out of me hitting the target sideways (that's when I took the can off). The industry as a whole is switching to a 1:7 twist (I assume because of these heavy subsonic bullets). I'm going to try and harden my bullets more to see if I'm losing twist due to stripping the rifling. But more than likely I need to buy another barrel. The quest is ongoing. Accuracy was pretty good though (when they stabilized).
    Just now seeing this thread, let me know if you need a 1:7 barrel to test any of these. You're welcome to borrow mine.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Just now seeing this thread, let me know if you need a 1:7 barrel to test any of these. You're welcome to borrow mine.
      I'll just give you 50 rounds to test. Just take your can off first to see how they stabilize.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Did you ever get these bullets figured out? I'm almost to the point of starting to reload 300 BLK and just discovered 150 Pounds of lead and some casting equipment I forgot I had
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Yes. I have got them functional. Low fouling, medicore accuracy. They were cast from near pure lead, so most likely a harder alloy would work better. Sized to .309. I used IMR-4227 as the powder. I have been preoccupied with other peojects, and haven't finished the data for them, but have a good starting point. Accuracy is around 4 inches at 100yds, so definitely needs some improvement. For me, however, it's perfectly fine. I just needed something for full auto that was cheap.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am trying to get there to CJ. MY supers right now are costing me .19 to reload. Now I have about 200 lbs of lead and one of these days I am going to buy casting equipment!
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

I handed out 200 rounds and everyone reported they functioned fine with similar accuracy. I re-barreled my .300blk and I'll get started on this again.

Comment

We're they getting similar accuracy to you, or a bit better with the 1:7 twist?
                92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
                  We're they getting similar accuracy to you, or a bit better with the 1:7 twist?
                  I'd have to defer to them, red89notch had some, and I believe so did motoman?

Comment

I was shooting out of an 8.1" 1:8 twist barrel and grouping was not doing better than about 8" at 50 yards. I'm an average shooter and not perfect in accuracy.
                    Originally posted by Marisa
                    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

LOL yeah that's terrible. pure lead is definitely not going to cut it. I'll bring it up some.

Comment

CJ, how much powder and what seating depth are you using on this load? I have been working on a load using 4227, 225 grain bullets suppressed out of a 8.25" barrel. Don't have my notes in front of me right now but I have gotten good accuracy and think I have solved the feeding issues I had when starting. Problem is now I get no lock back when the mag is empty. Functions fine with factory subs or my buddy's reloads using all the same load data, except he is using 1680, so I know the upper isn't the problem. I think my last load was 9.6 or 9.7 grains, and my load data says 10 is max so I am working up to that. Any input since you are running the same powder and slightly heavier bullets? I am loving the shit out of this round suppressed.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

You may have a gas issue, with your gas port size. Usually no lock back means you don't have enough energy. If you're at my load I'd first make sure your gun is lubed enough, then possibly open up the gas port diameter a little

Comment

Made some progress today. I was able to reduce the groups from ridiculous to around 1", which is within the margin of ancillary adjustments. I upped my hardness from 8Bhn to 18Bhn. I will be powdercoating these.

Comment

You may have a gas issue, with your gas port size. Usually no lock back means you don't have enough energy. If you're at my load I'd first make sure your gun is lubed enough, then possibly open up the gas port diameter a little
                              Figured out my issue. Had a rifle buffer spring instead of a carbine. Not that much difference but enough for subs to have trouble. Installed the correct spring and all is good. Have no reason to even own a rifle spring, so either I ordered it by mistake or it was sent by mistake and I never noticed the difference.
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Made some progress today. I was able to reduce the groups from ridiculous to around 1", which is within the margin of ancillary adjustments. I upped my hardness from 8Bhn to 18Bhn. I will be powdercoating these.
                                What did you do to harden them? Did you mix in antimony or tin? How much did you mix in? Also, are you still good on lead?
                                Originally posted by Marisa
                                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X