Building an AR9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
    They must not have it on sale anymore. It was around $100 when I was looking a couple weeks ago.

The spikes is the cheapest of the heavy 9mm standard buffers. AIM surplus had them for $45, but it out of stock right now.
    Seems to be the popular thing right now, I am having trouble finding a 5.5" 1/10 barrel right now other than YHM which has a 1/14 twist (no thank you)
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

ADCO could probably do one in that length and twist for you. They were really cool about doing a non standard thread on my barrel and it showed up within a week.

Comment

ADCO could probably do one in that length and twist for you. They were really cool about doing a non standard thread on my barrel and it showed up within a week.
        Details and cost if you don't mind?

I see several recommendations for ADCO but my experience with machine shops are limited to BA rifles and those are quite expensive when having work done. In my mind I assume the cost of a barrel would exceed the cost of me waiting but so far $165 is the cheapest I have found (out of stock) that fit my desires.
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Mine was $177 shipped. It is a 4.5" 1:10 with a M13.5x1 thread.

Comment

Mine was $177 shipped. It is a 4.5" 1:10 with a M13.5x1 thread.
            oh shit that is a good deal man!! I will jump on their site here after work and see what I cant order.

Comment

Couldn't wait, jumped on from my cell and ordered a 5" 1/2x28 for $176, thanks Classic for the advice.

Funny, I have seen their name all over the place but since the dates on most of these post I run across are from 2012-13 I never really took notice.

Now for the Buffer, SOPMOD, optic and handguard

Comment

Not a problem.

I was just able to check the mail and my bolt showed up. This is going to be a really heavy rifle.

Comment

Not a problem.

I was just able to check the mail and my bolt showed up. This is going to be a really heavy rifle.
                  eh, I used to have a 20" BBL AR...this thing will be so small and easy to tuck that weight wont bother you unless your standing still, dumping a 50rnd drum

I am however a little concerned that I never thought about a 45 ACP instead of 9mm even though I have discussed the benefits on here before. I load 45 ACP, not 9mm and here I am having chosen a rifle for which I do not load...could have been a little smarter about it so a slight decline in excitement when I realized I could have probably thought this through a little better.

Comment

You may be right about the balance.

The barrel, lower, and bolt weight 3lbs on their own.

Comment

And it has shipped, wow that was fast considering everyone is out of the 5.5 1/10

Comment

You may be right about the balance.

The barrel, lower, and bolt weight 3lbs on their own.
                        Damn that does seem heavy. Any of you guys gonna post pics?
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          Damn that does seem heavy. Any of you guys gonna post pics?
                          I should be able to get some images of it assembled over the weekend.

Comment

Ive been eye fucking the shit out of the Quarter Circle 10 glock mag lowers.

http://www.rainierarms.com/quarter-c...lower-receiver

Comment

Those QC do look much better than the New Frontier.

I just put all of the parts together. The whole thing with an empty G17 mag weighs 5.8lbs and with the correct 9mm buffer should be right at or over 6. If it functions well and is fun I will likely go ahead with getting a stamp for it.

Comment

Pretty light man. 9mm guns are heavy as balls usually
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X