In too deep M715 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    Bring it by the shop, we've got a press. Or hit them with an air hammer.
    Thanks I may hit you up. I need to go get my big compressor from my mom and buy a better air hammer. I would like to find a press that could slide in behind the hub lip and rotor and press the new in for the front. Can't get in their with a hammer and knock them in. Pulling them up with my impact has got to be hard on the studs and I got one spare Rockwell lug to use to do it. I was working them in on the current set up before I realized they wouldn't fit under my wheels. I am not even sure the other side has the studs pulled through at all. May go eyeball that in a sec.

Old set up. I think the guy machined it and bolted it together then hammered in the studs.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Yeah same, if you need a press. as for installing new ones you can just throw a nut on it and impact it until the stud seats.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

updates?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I have driveshaft's for the front and rear and finally rolling the big compressor in this week sometime to do some stud work. Unfortionantly the Miata needs some tweaks first but I am off for a week or so and have time to get rolling. Sometimes my motivation sucks.

Nothing like a 1480 u-joint!
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

60 Gallon compressor finally up and running and my long blow air hammer came in. Made short work of the studs. The front kit looks easier so I went to work on the rear first. Tight is not the word but it all fits in there well. Plenty of wheel clearance though. Just kind of mocked up for now to make sure they were going to work but I think we have a winner. I will be clearancing the one side of the caliper bracket though maybe a mm or so. I noticed in the online pics the company I got this kit from had ground a little off the backside of the axle and I figure it is because of the tightness. It doesn't touch but with some hard braking it may flex a little.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

good lord that is one hell of an offset, never seen anything like that.

Comment

Sure you have. Ever look at a modern 4 wheeler with the center disc! On a Deuce the hub is flipped backwards for the dual rear wheels. You can flip them either way and run them but my tires would be all up on my springs.

Worst part was cutting 4 bolt holes worth of that circle off. That axle is made out of some bad stuff. Took me a hour or so with my cut off tool and BFH. Then I had to grind for a while. Bolt on and bleed my ass. Maybe the front.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-03-2016, 11:35 PM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Can't wait to see this thing finished. Hope you post some videos of her in action once complete.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Thread just made me late for a meeting. Nice setup.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                      Can't wait to see this thing finished. Hope you post some videos of her in action once complete.
                      Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                      Thread just made me late for a meeting. Nice setup.
                      Well boys it may be going to Oregon at the end of the week. I m selling damn near everything I own and starting over. Lets just say I am fed up enough with so much shit, and I had a unique incident happen a few weeks back, that I like the idea of being debt free. My FX4 should be gone this morning, my buggy this afternoon, my dirt bike this evening and maybe even the Miata. Only my uncles old hog and the wifes Rogue that is paid off will withstand the storm.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

interesting.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          Congrats, man! You can build up later. You will definitely love the lifestyle.
                          I feel like a used car sales man but I should have almost everything sold in like three days. I haven't even listed my 6x10 ramp trailer yet.

There is a local school teacher shop class teacher that wants to trade me his 4x4 7.3 and a 76 Bronco for it. That is veryyyy tempting. Then sell the Miata and be no car payments.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Fx4 goneeee, dune buggy goneeeeee, M715 being picked up by a 18 wheeler Saturday! I don't fuck around fellas.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                                Fx4 goneeee, dune buggy goneeeeee, M715 being picked up by a 18 wheeler Saturday! I don't fuck around fellas.
                                WHY?! You will regret this.

Comment

Working...
                                X