No announcement yet.

Pixel 2 vs Samsung S9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if it the latest OS update, or this fucking Pixel, but how the hell do you stop contacts and apps from creating new shortcuts on the app screen?
    For example, I get a text from someone, now their contact pic is added to the app screen, see this pic, at the top, Manoj and Lyn got added. I swipe them and say to disable it, then the next day, some new shit is there, even app's I have NOT used! WTF, how can I get it to stop? I can't find shit on Google searches.

Comment

Hold down on a blank part of your home screen.
      Tap Home settings.
      Tap Suggestions.
      Tap all three toggles to turn them off.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
        Hold down on a blank part of your home screen.
        Tap Home settings.
        Tap Suggestions.
        Tap all three toggles to turn them off.
        Fucking THANK YOU! I owe ya a beer!

Comment

Enough is enough, I traded in this hunk of shit and went back to Samsung. The stupid issues were enough to finally push me over the edge. Volume keys control media only, WTF, who thought that is a good idea?
          S9 is light years ahead of Pixel 2, and reading some posts on Google Community, the Pixel 3 is just as bad.

Comment

I still love my S8, though can't wait for the s10 next year.

Comment

I paid my Pixel XL off last month and I love this damn phone. The 69.00 a month bill is fantastic also. The separate volumes issue is a bit annoying but meh I live with it.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

LOL...all you techies...still rocking my Galaxy S4 here.

Comment

You've always favored legacy devices.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    I paid my Pixel XL off last month and I love this damn phone. The 69.00 a month bill is fantastic also. The separate volumes issue is a bit annoying but meh I live with it.
                    you should never have to make payments on a damn cell phone! either buy it or you don't need it

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      you should never have to make payments on a damn cell phone! either buy it or you don't need it
                      Now looky here. Verizon does this thing where if you make payments the phone is half price. So I got it for 400.00 spread out over a year I think, maybe two. If I paid that bitch off right away or even before the halfway mark it prorates the rest. Even when I paid it off with three months left it was more than letting it ride out to the end. That is the reason though most people get stuck in contracts with Sprint and some others. Here is your free phone and fuck you if you try to cancel before two years. At least Verizon is up front with it but my 800.00 phone was half price. I will be paying cash on my wifes phone when she needs one. They don't offer those deals on everything.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                        I picked up the Note 9 not too long ago and it's the best phone I've ever owned. I had to ditch the S7 active. It was slow and the keyboard would freeze even after resets.
                        I did the same, s7a was becoming a brick. I dont think the note 9 is the end all, but I can at least answer it. The stylus was one thing that I thought was gimmicky bullshit is actually pretty damn handy at times.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          You've always favored legacy devices.
                          Its not that....I've looked at replacements like the S5...not much of an upgrade. I like being able to replace the battery without taking the phone apart. I just can't honestly see what the latest greatest 800 dollar galaxy 25 plus+++ or pick any other brand...that do anything more than what my present phone does for me. It works, it surfs the net, it makes and takes calls all day long..and it's paid for. When 5G is established and working well I will look at that....but 4G LTE works just fine for me.

Comment

Now looky here. Verizon does this thing where if you make payments the phone is half price. So I got it for 400.00 spread out over a year I think, maybe two. If I paid that bitch off right away or even before the halfway mark it prorates the rest. Even when I paid it off with three months left it was more than letting it ride out to the end. That is the reason though most people get stuck in contracts with Sprint and some others. Here is your free phone and fuck you if you try to cancel before two years. At least Verizon is up front with it but my 800.00 phone was half price. I will be paying cash on my wifes phone when she needs one. They don't offer those deals on everything.
                            they got to you in overpriced service

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                              they got to you in overpriced service
                              Are you kidding? Fucking Sprint was 220.00 a month at some point for two phones and service sucked in some areas. I just looked and I pay 64.00 a month and their coverage is phenomenal.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Are you kidding? Fucking Sprint was 220.00 a month at some point for two phones and service sucked in some areas. I just looked and I pay 64.00 a month and their coverage is phenomenal.
                                IMO Verizon has the best coverage. I don't pay for it, so I don't care what it cost. I just need my phone to work where ever I might be.

Comment

Working...
                                X