No announcement yet.

What are yall gonna do about the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a definite point in being an asshole to anyone who publicly downplays the severity of this shit during the containment phase. Its deliberate by all accounts.

I keep seeing the same ignorant crowd downplaying the data and all that serves to do is extend this shit out. I'm not saying to freak out...im saying take it seriously and take the appropriate mildly inconvenient actions to stop it early. Pretending that this is just a cold is what has convinced people to keep traveling and hopping on cruise ships.

Comment

• Some good thoughts and data I just read on RE impact.

As anxiety about the virus threatens economic output, many are beginning to wonder what effect the virus may have on the residential real estate market.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• I’m done warning and all that. Good luck to all of you and Godspeed to those that won’t win this fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Yes.
          What kind of capital is needed to get in that game?

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            I just need the panic to last until 5/9/2020, that's when we get back from Disney World.
            I've already seen a minor dip in ride wait times. If it can at least scare foreign visitors into delayed/cancelling their trip to Orlando, that will translate into a much better vacation for us.
            It's an overblown, media-hyped situation.

But if it helps my stocks out and gets me a better vacation at Disney.

WE ALLLL GONNA DIE!!

As a result of the growing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Disneyland Resort, including Disneyland and Disney California Adventure is closing to guests the morning of March 14, effective immediately. All Disneyland Resort hotels will remain open through March 16 to give guests the abilit

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              What kind of capital is needed to get in that game?
              Varies wildly. Lien position, performing/non performing/re performing, unpaid balance, maturity, all factor in, as does property value, occupancy status, whether a note or a land contract, what state they’re in, other liens, etc. Seriously ranges from 10-90 cents on the dollar, and there are additional costs like legal, servicing, etc as well.

I’ll do whatever an investor wants to do in terms of strategy based on their risk profile, but personally, I’m currently focused on low value assets ($50k or less property value) to spread out my risk. My goal is to build enough capital to dabble in commercial.

My IRA will have a different strategy.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Kansas City mayor had declared a state of emergency and cancelling any events with over 1000 attendees. So we are trying to get our hotel cancelled for our trip there. Haven't heard anything about the Shreveport trip yet. Though the club has cancelled all practices until the 22nd. So I guess I'm just going to get a few 3 and 4 day weekends instead of watching my kid play ball. this is nuts.

Comment

• We instituted an international travel ban (i had to cancel trips to Brazil and Finland), anyone returning from abroad must self-quarantine for 2 wks, domestic travel only if necessary, work from home highly encouraged, not allowed to go to any meetings/conferences with large guest counts, etc (but was in a small 6 person mtg yesterday at American Airlines HQ... In a building with 5000 people, so that rule doenst do shit)

Had Houston Rodeo / concert tickets and that whole thing was killed yesterday.

Have a trip to Detroit next month to meet with all of the big OEMs and i haven't cancelled yet, but it will probably get killed. I'll probably just work from home for the next couple weeks and see what happens. Really just trying to stay away from the unwashed masses.

In the end I expect to eventually get sick (as everyone else should) but being under 50 with no comorbidities, whatever. Ride it out and try not to get anyone else sick.

Comment

• Just left the store after I had to pick up a few things. It was packed more than usual with people buying way too much toilet paper than needed.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      You may want to check if insurance is actually going to cover that trip at this point...
                      Right now Royal Carribean will let us reschedule the trip for any date in the future at no cost. I think they are probably going to do like Carnival did today and just cancel all trips for the next 60 to 90 days.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                        Just left the store after I had to pick up a few things. It was packed more than usual with people buying way too much toilet paper than needed.
                        If you still have tp in store it isn't bad yet. None here in middle TN. My mom's in South Arkansas, also all gone.

Glad I like eggs, chicken, and fish. I might can make it ten years unless it goes avian and kills the birds.

Comment

• There is a rumor going around right now that they are about to do the same for Disneyworld. My wife is a stay at home travel agent (as I call her) and has 75 clients going in the next 60 days so this is a real mess for her.
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Duncanville Costco has lines to the back of the store with people loading up water, paper towels, and toilet paper. People are losing their fucking minds.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Varies wildly. Lien position, performing/non performing/re performing, unpaid balance, maturity, all factor in, as does property value, occupancy status, whether a note or a land contract, what state they’re in, other liens, etc. Seriously ranges from 10-90 cents on the dollar, and there are additional costs like legal, servicing, etc as well.

I’ll do whatever an investor wants to do in terms of strategy based on their risk profile, but personally, I’m currently focused on low value assets ($50k or less property value) to spread out my risk. My goal is to build enough capital to dabble in commercial.

My IRA will have a different strategy.
                              The 50k value you give is based on what's left of the lien or that's the value total? I want to get into real estate and have some money saved up but don't want to go all in on a single property. I'd much rather find something I can spread around and get some good passive income.

Comment

• They just extended our spring break for another week.

Comment

Working...
                                X