DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Armory

The Armory The definitive firearms forum of DFW Mustangs.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #41
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX
 
GE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 34,890
Default

ATF contract labor my ass...

GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:54 PM   #42
BradM
Bad Santa
 
BradM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,337
Default

It takes longer for terrorists.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #43
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,928
Default

My buddy who owns Hush Distribution and I were talking a few weeks ago and he was telling me his theory on why some people are getting stamps in mere weeks vs. 10 months for suppressors.

His theory was that all his customers who already had a can in the queue, then a few (6+) months later ordered another, got both of them approved around the same time. The thinking being that they are somehow pulling all form 4's for an individual and reviewing them in bulk that way (theory).

Since my .22 SEG can hasn't been approved yet and they cashed the check 5/4/2019 I figured I might have time to order another and see if I can test the theory. So today I ordered a YHM Resonator R2 in .30 cal and the paper work is mailed off according to the silencer shop. Even if I have to wait, it'll be a nice Christmas present to me... from me. If he's right though, I may have both in the next 1-2 months.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #44
Chas_svo
No longer SVO'ing.
VIP Member
 
Chas_svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Driving the truck that just passed you...
Posts: 4,288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
My buddy who owns Hush Distribution and I were talking a few weeks ago and he was telling me his theory on why some people are getting stamps in mere weeks vs. 10 months for suppressors.

His theory was that all his customers who already had a can in the queue, then a few (6+) months later ordered another, got both of them approved around the same time. The thinking being that they are somehow pulling all form 4's for an individual and reviewing them in bulk that way (theory).

Since my .22 SEG can hasn't been approved yet and they cashed the check 5/4/2019 I figured I might have time to order another and see if I can test the theory. So today I ordered a YHM Resonator R2 in .30 cal and the paper work is mailed off according to the silencer shop. Even if I have to wait, it'll be a nice Christmas present to me... from me. If he's right though, I may have both in the next 1-2 months.
It takes 5 items to get pulled into the bulk processing.
__________________
18 F150 Supercrew - daily
17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
86 SVO - Sold
'03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
01 TJ - new toy - Sold
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #45
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas_svo View Post
It takes 5 items to get pulled into the bulk processing.
That assumes the government employee or contractor won't mess it up. But I'm not gonna hold my breath. Either way, I'm already over the average time to get my .22 can so hopefully soon on that one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #46
32vfromhell
Lifer
 
32vfromhell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 19,566
Default

Im at

Day 458 on my 1st Omega 9k
Day 247 on my Wolfman and YHM Turbo
Day 80ish on my Sandman K

On my Omega 9k i reached out to Sen. Ted Cruz's office, but no word back yet.
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:36 PM   #47
bird_dog0347
Punk Ass Douche
 
bird_dog0347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Elm
Posts: 2,928
Default

Not to piss you off about your RETARDED wait times... but I got my .22 can today. Oddly enough, they approved my stamp the day after I bought my .30 cal YHM can.

.22 can was purchased on 4/24/19 and check cashed on 5/7/19 with stamp approved on 2/25/20 and I have it in hand now.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo View Post
Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:20 PM   #48
mightyp
creepy ass cracka
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: N Richland Hills
Posts: 974
Default

I have 4 in jail right now,tax stamps cashed on 6/21/19, 10/21/19, 11/2/19, 12/26/19...I've got a long wait
__________________
satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?
mightyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nay says"12in or get out", nay sez nice black dildos, nay sez take this booty, nay suck ur 50cal can

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.