Off road trails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off road trails

Just picked up my first jeep, looking for a place to go mudding and or ride some trails. We're do yall go?

Where are you?

Lake Bridgeport has trails, http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/322/Northwest-OHV-Park

Comment

Bridgeport is fun, or go to MOAB.

Comment

Gilmer

Comment

Oak cliff or pleasant grove is always good if you have a stinger.

Comment

Lets see whatcha got?

Comment

I'm in Arlington, I-20 and Cooper

Comment

Went to the ohv park in Bridgeport yesterday. Had a pretty good time. All different levels of stuff to get into to
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Bridgeport is good, it would be the closest park to visit. The trails are okay, nothing really extreme there. My only complaint is most of the people on the trails are in relatively stock jeeps and FJ's. They get stuck all the damn time, and if you have a decently capable rig they will start to follow you everywhere in an attempt to have you save them.

Here are some photos from bridgeport:

Your other option as mentioned above is Barnwell Mountain, which is about 120mi east of here. That is a much more advanced offroad park. Most of the guys on those trails are prepared. My only caution there would be not to go alone unless you're carrying a full set of tools, and you know the trails well. The few times I went there I saw people break axles, roll over, or submerge their rigs. Barnwell (Gilmer) is very wooded, as are most of the trails. Because of this it can get tight, you scratch your rig up, and it's pretty slow crawling. That park also requires a Texas OHV permit which is another $20 (if I remember correctly).

Last edited by CJ; 05-13-2015, 11:23 PM.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

BMRA (Gilmer) is where it's at.

XJ on Clyde's Ravine

TJ on the rock garden by the office

Coming out of Twister before it was a giant hole in the ground

1995 Cobra #404
                    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Working...
                    X