No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be heading in that direction today, I might have to hit up Kreuz or Smitty's just to give my opinion...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Went to blacks today and had brisket, pork ribs, baby back ribs and jalapeno sausage. It all was way too fatty, and i wouldnt pay for anything but the sausage if i trusted it would stay that way. I was massively underwhelmed as was the wife. franklins, salt lick, rudys, hutchins and hard 8s all blow blacks out of the water (except the sausage). But knowing bbq...ive gotta go at least twice to confirm the quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Went to blacks today and had brisket, pork ribs, baby back ribs and jalapeno sausage. It all was way too fatty, and i wouldnt pay for anything but the sausage if i trusted it would stay that way. I was massively underwhelmed as was the wife. franklins, salt lick, rudys, hutchins and hard 8s all blow blacks out of the water (except the sausage). But knowing bbq...ive gotta go at least twice to confirm the quality.
        What time of day did you go? I wont judge a place if I'm not there early. I typically choose something other than BBQ if it's after 12:30-1, and the only time I'll eat BBQ for dinner is if I made it myself.

As for too fatty... Fat makes good BBQ. I've never personally experienced a rib that was too fatty. Didn't even think it was possible. And the same goes for pork butt and brisket. On the brisket, did your portion come from the flat, point, or deckle? Are you aware that you can ask specifically when you order? If you want something lean, tell them that when they're slicing it up and they will accommodate you. You may have, I don't know. Just throwing that out there as a suggestion in case you didn't know.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          What time of day did you go? I wont judge a place if I'm not there early. I typically choose something other than BBQ if it's after 12:30-1, and the only time I'll eat BBQ for dinner is if I made it myself.

As for too fatty... Fat makes good BBQ. I've never personally experienced a rib that was too fatty. Didn't even think it was possible. And the same goes for pork butt and brisket. On the brisket, did your portion come from the flat, point, or deckle? Are you aware that you can ask specifically when you order? If you want something lean, tell them that when they're slicing it up and they will accommodate you. You may have, I don't know. Just throwing that out there as a suggestion in case you didn't know.
          Probably 1145 or 12. I typically order lean but didnt bother this time. It was the point but almost all fat cap.

These ribs were weird. The few pieces of solid meat were good enough...just got bad sectiions on both the baby back and pork.

Ill for sure go back to try again because with such a reputation it must have just been an off plate

Comment

• Give Blacks a second chance when you roll back through. I'm somewhat of a bbq nerd, I compete nearly every weekend and try to frequent all the legendary Texas bbq joints, Blacks is consistently some of the best Texas has to offer. Their beef ribs are easily the best in Texas, spare ribs rank in the top three I've eaten, sausage is pretty good as well. I must say Kruez is the best in the area for sausage, but not by much. Give Blacks another shot when you roll back throug ask for some flat as well as some point meat. You should never leave there disappointed.

Comment

• I've only been to Black's twice but it was pretty damn good both times. I actually use their rub for my beef ribs and brisket and I like it as well. Not sure why you had issues there but I'd give it another try.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post

Originally posted by TexasPyro View Post
                Give Blacks a second chance when you roll back through. I'm somewhat of a bbq nerd, I compete nearly every weekend and try to frequent all the legendary Texas bbq joints, Blacks is consistently some of the best Texas has to offer. Their beef ribs are easily the best in Texas, spare ribs rank in the top three I've eaten, sausage is pretty good as well. I must say Kruez is the best in the area for sausage, but not by much. Give Blacks another shot when you roll back throug ask for some flat as well as some point meat. You should never leave there disappointed.
                Originally posted by Jose View Post
                I've only been to Black's twice but it was pretty damn good both times. I actually use their rub for my beef ribs and brisket and I like it as well. Not sure why you had issues there but I'd give it another try.
                Yup, not sure why he didn't have a good meal, but I have both times I have gone. I have not been to Franklins, Kreuz or Smittys but Blacks did not disappoint, their Brisket, Jap/Cheddar sausage was off the chain as were the sides.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Went to Black's last weekend. It was phenomenal, as it has consistently been for me.

I always ask for a lean cut of brisket though. I've paid way too much money for brisket that was just fat, rub, and smoke...
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Went to Black's last weekend. It was phenomenal, as it has consistently been for me.

I always ask for a lean cut of brisket though. I've paid way too much money for brisket that was just fat, rub, and smoke...
                    What's funny is for some it's the best part. I like 1/4 fat, 3/4 of good cut meat.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• During my Hill Country travels this weekend I stopped at 2 BBQ places. First was Cranky Franks in Fredericksburg, I had brisket, sausage and a rib. Brisket and sausage were very good, ribs not so much, beans were good, pecan pie was good and claimed to be homemade, but looked store bought. Monday I stopped at The Spread in Brady had Brisket, jalapeno sausage, quail popper, twice baked potato, beans and blackberry cobbler. Brisket was dry, everything else was very good.

Comment

Went to Black's last weekend. It was phenomenal, as it has consistently been for me.

So would you say you love Blacks?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I love Black's.

(emphasis on the apostrophe)
                          Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• somebody call my name?????

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I love Black's.

(emphasis on the apostrophe)
                              Sausage?

Comment

mmmmm, the smokier the better.... my stomach pays me back for eating brisket with a heavy smoke but damn that mesquite smoke tastes good.

Comment

Working...
                                X