Engineered foundations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineered foundations...

Who does them? I'm hoping to get pointed in the right direction before interviewing foundation companies. I plan to ask them as well, but I'd like to know ahead of time to avoid them telling me they do them just to get the work.

No one?

Comment

Childress is who I used for my house but Strand is another to look at.

Comment

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Comment

Does anyone have any experience or know of any disaster stories regarding SlabTek foundations? I came across them while looking at Childress Engineering and found a YouTube video from some poor family with a disaster story.... So far it's enough for me to steer clear, just wanted to see if anyone had any other info about them.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

We are about to start on a house, in the design stage at this point. I have the same questions. Doing exhaustive internet searching I find the one family's horror story but no other complaints. I know this system has been used quite a bit on in the past 5-7 years in the Dallas area, you would think if issues were common the internet would be blown up with complaints. All of that being said I probably will stick with the more traditional post tension with deep grade beams, a house is allot to risk, and no one knows how this type of foundation will do over 20-30 years. Per two different geotech reports (one from previous owner and one I commissioned) our lot only has a PVR of 2, so it is not terribly expansive.
            1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
            TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
            Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
            X