The Witcher 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    That is their plot. The days of GPUs lasting 3-4 years is gone. I noticed driver degradation on my 780TIs when the first 900/700 compatible drivers came out. Now a low end 960@$200 runs better than last years fastest GPU 780TI that's still sells for $350+.
    As long as you've got a video card better than a 7870, you'll be better to do more than ps4/xbone can. i'm not saying that's bleeding edge or anything, but at least you know that you'll be able to run the majority of video games at a playable setting.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      installing my pirated copy now.
      Nerd.

Comment

Level 17 now. I gotta admit. Had yesterday and today off of work and I played for 19 hours. Went from level 8-17 in that time. I have it on the second easiest setting, about to bump it up but refuse to play for a couple of days after that bender. I'm done with all of the Bloody Baron quests/side quests and have gone through a LOT of the Novigrad stuff and the one thing I really like about this game is how the side quests intertwine so well with the main quest. I've ran into a couple of bugs in quests hopefully due to them leading to Scilliege(sp?) which I haven't gone to yet. I hope that it works itself out when I open that area of the map. Game is fucking badass so far.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Oh yeah I've found a ton of bugs, falling out of the map has happened about 10 times to me. But yes great game.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Oh yeah I've found a ton of bugs, falling out of the map has happened about 10 times to me. But yes great game.
            Is this even after the new PC patch?

Comment

I think so
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

About to fire it up for the night, see what I can break. Only level 5.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  That is their plot. The days of GPUs lasting 3-4 years is gone. I noticed driver degradation on my 780TIs when the first 900/700 compatible drivers came out. Now a low end 960@$200 runs better than last years fastest GPU 780TI that's still sells for $350+.
                  That was almost my theory for a while, but I got irritated about it and did some testing. My old 6800GT still runs WoW the exact same way it did back in the day, when WoW was new. At the old settings of course, hell it even does what I'd call "half decent" at running the newer upgrades they've put into that game. Also tested a few other period games, and they seem to run about the same way.

So I tested my 9800GTX+, same effect. Thus, I had to abandon my idea that they were somehow making it worse deliberately.

What type of degradation were you referring to? I've never had it but then again I've never even looked for it either.
                  WH

Comment

If you look on geforce forums its all over the place. Most games are just broken for 600 and 700 cards. By degradation I mean benchmarks. I lost 30% performance across the board on every benchmark I ran when I had x3 gtx 770s in SLI.

I run benchmarks every month just to see if there's any problem with GPU, CPU, and ram usage. Like Aida64, prime95, valley, heaven, 3d mark. Everything went to the hell in September when the 900 drivers came out. My only option was to keep driver 334. (2 years old)

So, I switched to gtx980s and the performance is better than the 780ti's and 770s I had. But not by much. I haven't been impressed with maxwell.. I'm already awaiting pascal archatexture and I won't be one of the first to buy these cards like I did the 980.

By the way I still have horrible coil whine on both cards.
                    sigpic

Comment

Saw a guy who shut up the coil whine with silicone, but I don't know if I'd try it.

My framerate did increase by about 5 fps when they released the latest driver for the Witcher, last week. It does play slightly better. But all in all, I have to agree with you, I'm not impressed that a GTX 770 Classified can't do better with a new game. It is getting frustrating to buy a new card and have it be completely useless in a couple/few years. But then again, there are probably WAY better devs out there, who would have had the ability, to make that game run just fine on a 770. There are a lot of variables.

I could overclock the shit out of it, and it does overclock very well even on stock air. But I really don't like listening to a 747 taking off while I'm trying to play a game. To me, overclocking a card without water isn't worth all the racket.
                      WH

Comment

Game is running like shit after this new patch.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                          Game is running like shit after this new patch.
                          What card are you running again?

I'm ditching the 770 and getting a 970. Friend has the 970 and it runs smooth as silk on all maximum settings.

I'd be depressed if I bought any of those GTX titans, the 970 beats them easily.
                          WH

Comment

I had a noticeable improvement in performance with the latest patches.

everything ultra, pegged on fps counter.

Last edited by CJ; 05-29-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

gtx970 checking in, shit runs beautiful on my computer, even with the 1.04 patch
                              pos FX-8350 processor
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                What card are you running again?

I'm ditching the 770 and getting a 970. Friend has the 970 and it runs smooth as silk on all maximum settings.

I'd be depressed if I bought any of those GTX titans, the 970 beats them easily.
                                Ps4. I pulled the disc out and it had a line of something on it. Turns out one of my roommates took it out of the system last night to play MKX. Might have had some shit on his hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X