Has anyone flown with a handgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone flown with a handgun

As the title says. We are flying out of Love Field on Southwest into Atlanta. We are then driving from Atlanta to Hilton Head South Carolina. Texas CHL shares reciprocity with both Georgia and South Carolina. I would prefer to travel with my EDC. I have read the TSA guidelines, but would like some first hand experience if anyone has any!
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Call Southwest.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ammo must be in the factory boxes. Mags can not be loaded. Must be transported in a locked case and you have to let them inspect it. Do not use a TSA spec lock or your shit will get stolen. I use a pelican case and a pair of master set your own combo square brass locks on each case.

2in (51mm) Wide Set Your Own Combination Solid Body Padlock. Model No. 175D, product features, specifications, service and support from Master Lock. Shop now.
      Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 05-25-2015, 11:40 PM.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

They check it, you lock it, you keep the key.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          Ammo must be in the factory boxes. Mags can not be loaded. Must be transported in a locked case and you have to let them inspect it. Do not use a TSA spec lock or your shit will get stolen. I use a pelican case and a pair of master set your own combo square brass locks on each case.

http://www.masterlock.com/personal-use/product/175D
          I hadn't thought about that with TSA locks. My fiance read the package tonight and mentioned they would have a key for the lock. Time to go buy different locks.

As for ammo being in the factory box. Unless I misread the TSA stuff. It said that ammo could be loaded in magazines and secured inside of the case.

Comment

He's right. I've done it numerous times. No biggie. TSA will inspect to make sure your ammo and gun are compliant and put a slip in the case and watch you lock it.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              He's right. I've done it numerous times. No biggie. TSA will inspect to make sure your ammo and gun are compliant and put a slip in the case and watch you lock it.
              Who is right? Lol.

How about the ammo? OK in magazine in locked box with gun, or better off in factory box in checked luggage?

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                Who is right? Lol.

How about the ammo? OK in magazine in locked box with gun, or better off in factory box in checked luggage?
                I always put my ammo in my checked luggage, as I do believe that they have to be completely separate from the gun(s). I don't recall the factory box thing though. So that the inspection goes quickly, I put a gun lock through the mag well and out the ejection port, so that they are clearly locked and out of battery. This isn't a requisite, just my extra little precaution against an overzealous TSA agent, or freaked out airline employee.

Comment

Who is right? Lol.

Mags can be full, and stored with the gun apparently, just not in it of course. Ammo doesn't necessarily have to be in the "factory" box," but it can't be in a bag loose, the way I read it.

Find answers to all of your travel and flight-related questions and view common FAQ articles regarding your travel experience when you fly with Southwest Airlines.

Comment

Be a man, mule it on.

Comment

Who is right? Lol.

What svo said.

I always keep the firearm and ammo (in factory boxes) in the same locked case.

Comment

I always had mine loaded, on fire, and in my holster when I flew with it. I also had my m4 too, and my benchmade.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          I always had mine loaded, on fire, in my holster when I flew with it. I also had my m4 too, and my benchmade.
                          BMFSean

Comment

Working...
                          X