DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Food

Food Future Poop

Old 05-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #21
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Might be a little small for what I was initally looking for but maybe can use them for planned single serving meals or salads. Thanks!
That was just a link to the set. They have all different sizes. The colors correspond to the shapes. The blue ones are square, green small rectangle, etc... There are some that are huge. Most of the ones in the colors have multiple sizes (depths). The purple ones are round, probably 5 inch outer diameter. The smallest one is a few inches deep and holds a bowl of soup for example. They make the same shape but 8 or 10 inches deep (or something similar). Hope that makes sense. We will make sandwiches and throw them in the cooler individually or 2 per container on the weekends or pack one full of dry goods.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #22
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweezl View Post
That was just a link to the set. They have all different sizes. The colors correspond to the shapes. The blue ones are square, green small rectangle, etc... There are some that are huge. Most of the ones in the colors have multiple sizes (depths). The purple ones are round, probably 5 inch outer diameter. The smallest one is a few inches deep and holds a bowl of soup for example. They make the same shape but 8 or 10 inches deep (or something similar). Hope that makes sense. We will make sandwiches and throw them in the cooler individually or 2 per container on the weekends or pack one full of dry goods.
Cool! Sorry I didn't bother to look into it further but I will now.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #23
ceyko
Lifer

I will say I saw these on a cooler review and am thinking about them. They say there is some condensation, but it's not terrible. 3 types supposedly for 3 different purposes. I'm going to try out 5lb just for the purpose of testing and then a smaller one for my travel beer cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Ice-Al...kan&th=1&psc=1
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #24
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
I will say I saw these on a cooler review and am thinking about them. They say there is some condensation, but it's not terrible. 3 types supposedly for 3 different purposes. I'm going to try out 5lb just for the purpose of testing and then a smaller one for my travel beer cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Ice-Al...kan&th=1&psc=1
I wonder how they compare to the other products out there from Yeti, Coleman, etc.
Old 05-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #25
ceyko
Lifer

Quote:
I wonder how they compare to the other products out there from Yeti, Coleman, etc.
Good question, when I have more time I may look into it. I ran across it during a RTIC lunch box (got some food poisoning recently, so turned P and am packing lunches now)....that dude seemed happy about it.

The recommend buying the same amount you would in ice. So if you buy 10 lbs of ice, but 2 5 lbs versions. I think I usually do around 20-30 lbs,

Only hold up I had was for the fish cooler, but I usually just fill it up with water and clorox after a trip and let that do the work for a week - these seem pretty solid.

It looks like a better use of space than my PVC pipes too.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:15 PM   #26
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Good question, when I have more time I may look into it. I ran across it during a RTIC lunch box (got some food poisoning recently, so turned P and am packing lunches now)....that dude seemed happy about it.

The recommend buying the same amount you would in ice. So if you buy 10 lbs of ice, but 2 5 lbs versions. I think I usually do around 20-30 lbs,

Only hold up I had was for the fish cooler, but I usually just fill it up with water and clorox after a trip and let that do the work for a week - these seem pretty solid.

It looks like a better use of space than my PVC pipes too.
Only downside is that on a long trip I wouldn't be able to refreeze them after they have melted.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #27
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

I get 3-5 of those frozen gel packs every 90 days when get insulin. I've given them to everyone I know, but if someone on here wants some, I'll probably have more in a week or two. The usually also come with a generic cooler.
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #28
Jose
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas_svo View Post
I get 3-5 of those frozen gel packs every 90 days when get insulin. I've given them to everyone I know, but if someone on here wants some, I'll probably have more in a week or two. The usually also come with a generic cooler.
I would be interested but I'm guessing you are probably to far from me to make it worthwhile
Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 AM   #29
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member

Quote:
I would be interested but I'm guessing you are probably to far from me to make it worthwhile
I'm in Haslet, a few miles north of Keith's.
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nays pooper=not tight