Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Oh get out of here. I’ve seen several of the gays stick up for you. Don’t sell yourself or your beard short.
    This made me lol for sure.

Also...I don't have a beard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      This made me lol for sure.

Also...I don't have a beard.
      sure you dont.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        god damn, captain saveagym laying it down!
        That's exactly it, I ignore him for the most part, but I actually take fitness and exercise pretty seriously, and hate seeing his bs in here.

I do appreciate the distraction during cardio this am though. I'll add that anyone I know that has a home gym, and has any kind of admirable physique, also works out at a gym regularly, or that home gym is more a private club with serious weights in it.

I'm not physically threatening you Tweedle Dumb, I'm calling you on your usual bullshit. I'll put another $100 bet on the fact that you will never substantiate anything you post, including this physical prowess you allude to have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Incidentally I'm typing this from the 24Hour fitness at 635 and GB, where can be found at 6:30am most weekday mornings, and every Saturday I can be found at the 24Hour in Frisco. Far from a keyboard warrior, I am absolutely the same person "irl," and have a low tolerance for bullshit.

Nobody will ever meet you Cybil, because you are nothing more than a compulsively lying troll, as has been proven again and again, year in year out. Nobody buys it, so I'll say again, shut the fuck up already.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Big A View Post
          That's exactly it, I ignore him for the most part, but I actually take fitness and exercise pretty seriously, and hate seeing his bs in here.

I do appreciate the distraction during cardio this am though. I'll add that anyone I know that has a home gym, and has any kind of admirable physique, also works out at a gym regularly, or that home gym is more a private club with serious weights in it.

I'm not physically threatening you Tweedle Dumb, I'm calling you on your usual bullshit. I'll put another $100 bet on the fact that you will never substantiate anything you post, including this physical prowess you allude to have.
          You win, pay yourself - being paid $1k wouldn't get me to come up there to your city hell and lift weights while you looked on in order to determine who must be stronger. As usual I couldn't possibly care less, and although raw physical strength is nice to have, its not actually why I lift.

I do it to look good and feel good, and really no other reason. I guess you can throw general health in there since that's pretty important to me too. So all this talk about "he's can liff mor than you!! /drool" just looks like more mental retardation to me. I'm not saying you can, I don't know. But unlike you derps, I'm just not stupid enough to make such claims about someone I don't know, have never seen, and won't be meeting. I just can't bring myself to do it. Then again, I wouldn't be able to buy a used car sight unseen either. Oh well.

Also I'm not sure why you'd think it necessary to put "I'm not physically threatening you" in there anywhere. At no point did you type anything remotely physically threatening. I mention this because I think it's the key difference here: You read waaaay to much into my posts, imagining things that aren't there in the text. Thinking that I must do the same. Example: Please cite specifically, where I alluded to any sort of "physical prowess"? This should be good...

Once again, I'll point this out for you: I'm not saying that I actually have any. You'd assume there must be some form of it if I actually lift weights as frequently as I claim, but again you just won't find anywhere with me talking about how big my muscles are, how strong I am and how great it is, and how others are small and weak by comparison. So this "BS" you claim that I spout, is usually just you making claims out of thin air. You do that, year in and year out, I always correct you, and you never learn. I finally even posted a pic of your odd obsession, this famed dumbell rack, and you still never shut up about it. Still mentioning it for some reason, seeming to think that it must be vapor that... what? A random internet nerd just wanted to pretend that he built? So he could pretend that he lifts weights? Have you ever like... you know... used logical deduction?
          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            You win, pay yourself - being paid $1k wouldn't get me to come up there to your city hell and lift weights while you looked on in order to determine who must be stronger. As usual I couldn't possibly care less, and although raw physical strength is nice to have, its not actually why I lift.

I do it to look good and feel good, and really no other reason. I guess you can throw general health in there since that's pretty important to me too. So all this talk about "he's can liff mor than you!! /drool" just looks like more mental retardation to me. I'm not saying you can, I don't know. But unlike you derps, I'm just not stupid enough to make such claims about someone I don't know, have never seen, and won't be meeting. I just can't bring myself to do it. Then again, I wouldn't be able to buy a used car sight unseen either. Oh well.

There's been no talk about lifting more than you, I am calling you out for being a compulsive liar, and telling you to STFU about things you know nothing about. The wooden rack is just one of many examples of your trolldom, that happened in this specific sub-forum. You don't make claims about someone you don't know, huh?

rofl! Given your strange obsession with that, I'll go ahead and assume you tried the whole home gym thing and failed. Since you talk about it as though somehow butthurt every time I mention it as an option. Its ok if you don't have what it takes, its not for everyone. My "gym" allows for me to lift every day. We both know you don't. Lastly there's no way you know me, you've never met me, and you never will. You're just another keyboard cowboy who wouldn't dare say any of this in real life. You're an idiot, plain and simple.

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            Also I'm not sure why you'd think it necessary to put "I'm not physically threatening you" in there anywhere. At no point did you type anything remotely physically threatening. I mention this because I think it's the key difference here: You read waaaay to much into my posts, imagining things that aren't there in the text. Thinking that I must do the same. Example: Please cite specifically, where I alluded to any sort of "physical prowess"? This should be good...

Once again, I'll point this out for you: I'm not saying that I actually have any. You'd assume there must be some form of it if I actually lift weights as frequently as I claim, but again you just won't find anywhere with me talking about how big my muscles are, how strong I am and how great it is, and how others are small and weak by comparison. So this "BS" you claim that I spout, is usually just you making claims out of thin air. You do that, year in and year out, I always correct you, and you never learn. I finally even posted a pic of your odd obsession, this famed dumbell rack, and you still never shut up about it. Still mentioning it for some reason, seeming to think that it must be vapor that... what? A random internet nerd just wanted to pretend that he built? So he could pretend that he lifts weights? Have you ever like... you know... used logical deduction?
            Even people that train to look to good or for general health have some semblance of physical prowess, and know their way around the gym. If you're claiming to work out regularly (which I don't believe for a second that you do), you would be in good shape. I made the comment about not threatening you to be clear that I'm solely calling you out on your bs, and that I'm inviting you to prove ANYTHING you post in here to have any merit, without concern.

Please do post a single, just one, example of where you have corrected me. It won't happen because I respond with facts that I've researched, or techniques and anecdotes from years of personal experience. This is just another example of you puking your insanity all over the board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
              There's been no talk about lifting more than you, I am calling you out for being a compulsive liar, and telling you to STFU about things you know nothing about. The wooden rack is just one of many examples of your trolldom, that happened in this specific sub-forum. You don't make claims about someone you don't know, huh?

Even people that train to look to good or for general health have some semblance of physical prowess, and know their way around the gym. If you're claiming to work out regularly (which I don't believe for a second that you do), you would be in good shape. I made the comment about not threatening you to be clear that I'm solely calling you out on your bs, and that I'm inviting you to prove ANYTHING you post in here to have any merit, without concern.

Please do post a single, just one, example of where you have corrected me. It won't happen because I respond with facts that I've researched, or techniques and anecdotes from years of personal experience. This is just another example of you puking your insanity all over the board.
              Please do post a single, just one, example of me talking about my "physical prowess". There, I've corrected you, using some of your own words. That good enough? If you can't understand how that is correcting you, that's on you. A 12 year old that has never picked up a weight has some measure of "physical prowess". So again please cite specifically, where I talked mine up. Because we all know that's what you meant, and now you've been called on your BS. Just as it seems you haven't understood most of the rest of the.. Fuck it we're done anyway, I can see this is going nowhere and it's like arguing with ruffdaddy. Totally pointless.

I couldn't possibly care any less what you believe about my workout habits. Nothing you believe or disbelieve will ever affect me in the slightest, nor will it prevent me from enjoying my workouts as I always have. The reason you're an idiot, is because if you were to say "I work out at the gym". I'd say "Sure that's great." And have no reason not to believe you. Even given the myriad of dumb shit you've said over the years (yes I know I have too) I'd still have no reason to think you don't. I hate to break it to you bro, but lifting isn't difficult and it doesn't make you part of some kind of special club. You take it as seriously as you want, it won't make you special.

It's pretty clear you're another good one for the ignore list. I come in here and say "Hey, also you can lift at home its really not that bad!" You then go full retard. Yeah ignore list is a great place for ya. Many of these goofballs still enjoy these exchanges, I find that I don't anymore. Have fun.
              WH

Comment

• This room is looking like those guys lifting weights and watching themselves in the mirror.
                Group workout or what??

Comment

• Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
                  Well I’m 230-240 these days depending on what I’m doing. Still chasing that 405# flat bench. Chasing 405#+ squat and fixing my deadlift mechanics before I start to lift over 550 again. Just need to keep doing my thing and be consistent. Almost at the 7 year mark since my fatass started this all and the main thing is I’m keeping it off still. That’s a feat within itself.
                  Well, starting this year off at a heavy 254# with a little bit of slop. Hit some of my goals but was plagued with injuries and experienced burnout. Re-vamped my workouts and condensed them down to about an hour vs 2-3 hours I was doing previously. Flat bench is still 365#, incline is way better for some odd reason and shoulder presses are still pretty good considering my jacked up rotator. Haven’t done any heavy deads for a long time and am planning on starting them up again with a trap bar to avoid lower back junk. Goal this year is to get back to 225-235# range and get my cardio back on track. Guess I’ll see how it all plays out over the next few months.
                  2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• My goal for the year was 1000 miles on bike. The gym I just play it by ear. I think I ended up with 1123 or something, so my cardio is decent this year. After my occasional lower back issues, jacked up bicep, and burn out, I am back at it at a decent clip in the gym. No goals just trying to get back to close to where I was 2 years ago lift wise. Surprisingly the deep massage and rest worked on my bicep pretty fast. Trying that with my lower right back now and this mega massager from Amazon. Hurts initially but seams to clear up better and better. We will see, this is a injury from when I was 18 thats getting a hair worse every year. Runs down my right hip. sciatic, etc. I do believe it is muscular though now.

I do believe I ended this year at my lowest weight ever since the begging in 1998 or whatever. So at least I am dredging in right direction. I ate like shit last night and forgot to weigh. Maybe next week.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• 233 Bitches and I was good tonight. It is usually my downfall day. I do low carb for the most part but lately if I eat like shit I just wait until I am hungry the next day to eat again and no adverse affects. I have been doing a lot of this waiting until I am hungry to eat and it appears to be really working. I used to go apeshit and eat bad for three days in a row all day but I have cut that out. My original lifetime goal from 1999 was 220 and I have seen 229 a couple of years ago for a smidgen I think. This time I am getting to 220 dammit. I often wonder how low is a good weight when you have been lifting for 20 years.

And WTF is everyone else doing? Sitting around, eating like shit just because the weather is iffy? Time to get rollin fellas. We are getting old and this shit is not just melting off.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• I'm still in the gym 5 plus days a week. Had a set back with pneumonia last month that wrecked me. Took 2 weeks away from me in the gym and another couple of weeks getting my cardio and strength back.

My weight is still doing well. Sitting at <174.

R&R in 12 days. I'm not where I wanted to be strength and endurance wise but I'm still in great shape. Hell I wanted to train for a 10k while I was here this trip but pneumonia destroyed that.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I was telling my people my body is fighting me all the way. I ran last week, my right heel hurts from plantar fasciitis (I heeled the left after two years of massage and stretching). I bicycled hard Friday/ Sunday, my apparently every two year lipoma is coming back and hurts my belly area, which also starts to radiate around to my side, and then to my back, and might need cut out again. Sunday I went to lift, my shoulder is hurting. I think its from my dog tripping me three weeks ago. I went down in the dark and thought to myself that I landed pretty gently. Apparently not.

I am at the point that most of the time I just suck it up and power through. The damn lipoma I am now looking to see if there are alternatives, like shots, or maybe a nerve deaden-er. Fuck being cut open every two years.

Glad you survived pneumonia, that shit is no joke.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            I was telling my people my body is fighting me all the way. I ran last week, my right heel hurts from plantar fasciitis (I heeled the left after two years of massage and stretching). I bicycled hard Friday/ Sunday, my apparently every two year lipoma is coming back and hurts my belly area, which also starts to radiate around to my side, and then to my back, and might need cut out again. Sunday I went to lift, my shoulder is hurting. I think its from my dog tripping me three weeks ago. I went down in the dark and thought to myself that I landed pretty gently. Apparently not.

I am at the point that most of the time I just suck it up and power through. The damn lipoma I am now looking to see if there are alternatives, like shots, or maybe a nerve deaden-er. Fuck being cut open every two years.

Glad you survived pneumonia, that shit is no joke.
                            Ended up sick the day after I was in a briefing and a bunch of troops were just getting over it. Like a jackass I even said "I don't get the Afghan crud anymore". Work up feeling it the next damn day.

I learned to listen to small pains before they become injuries. But sometimes my ego and pride bites me in the ass. These kid soldiers ain't that strong. Can't let them out do me. lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              233 Bitches and I was good tonight. It is usually my downfall day. I do low carb for the most part but lately if I eat like shit I just wait until I am hungry the next day to eat again and no adverse affects. I have been doing a lot of this waiting until I am hungry to eat and it appears to be really working. I used to go apeshit and eat bad for three days in a row all day but I have cut that out. My original lifetime goal from 1999 was 220 and I have seen 229 a couple of years ago for a smidgen I think. This time I am getting to 220 dammit. I often wonder how low is a good weight when you have been lifting for 20 years.

And WTF is everyone else doing? Sitting around, eating like shit just because the weather is iffy? Time to get rollin fellas. We are getting old and this shit is not just melting off.
                              I started another round of low carb dieting early January and am shooting to lose about 5-8 lbs after putting on too much over the holiday's. I've been pretty good so far with only 3 days this year being horrible diet wise. Trying to lose 2 lbs a week while limiting muscle loss is my focus.

I figure I've only got 5 or so more years of keeping a relatively high muscle mass naturally before I have to start the PEDs/TRT.

I'm also dealing with the small aches and pains that I'm trying to prevent from turning into injuries. Getting older sucks and recovery from injuries takes forever. My weight program is really more of a muscle maintenance program...being jacked like its 2001 looks stupid anyways...thank god that went out of style

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                I started another round of low carb dieting early January and am shooting to lose about 5-8 lbs after putting on too much over the holiday's. I've been pretty good so far with only 3 days this year being horrible diet wise. Trying to lose 2 lbs a week while limiting muscle loss is my focus.

I figure I've only got 5 or so more years of keeping a relatively high muscle mass naturally before I have to start the PEDs/TRT.

I'm also dealing with the small aches and pains that I'm trying to prevent from turning into injuries. Getting older sucks and recovery from injuries takes forever. My weight program is really more of a muscle maintenance program...being jacked like its 2001 looks stupid anyways...thank god that went out of style
                                how old are you?
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X