4bangen's 72 Rivi FINALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
    I cant tell you how happy you got it road worthy and it not rotting away anymore...such a badass car
    Me too. I fell victim to the old "let it sit for so long you forgot you like it". My dad started pushing me hard to get it going, and my grandpa's health has been declining. Those two things motivated me to finally turn a wrench on it. Now that it's running and driving, it's all I can do to not spend every last penny finishing it.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Man is roll the fuck out of that gangsta shit!
    ha ha, no joke. I really want to put air ride on it now. It needs more low, and a beefy sounding exhaust. I'm thinking my first performance mod might be headers and exhaust. Not obnoxious loud, but something 3" and a bit louder than stock.

Comment

Leave it and start acting like Bruce Willis in the last boy scout

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        The color, wheels, and stance on that green wagon make it tits and the van is bitchen.

It's awesome to see you getting to enjoy something you've longed to for so long. The boat tail Rivi's are cool, a friend's dad had a black one they dubbed the Bat Mobile because it was well, black, big, and long. Being around a G Body Regal a good deal of my life, I learned a love for Buick at a young age. Any plans to hit the paint with some compound and see if it will shine back up?

Between being a mechanic, summer duties mowing and maintaining properties my grandmother owns, and still cleaning up messes my dad left behind, it doesn't leave me with much desire to work on my own stuff and it sucks. I've got an S10 project I bought to replace my Regal when I sold it as a roller and my Mustang has been sitting since Dec 2015 basically untouched after I put the drivetrain back in from the last engine rebuild. It's waiting or me to install the Big Stuff 3 I bought back then and whatever other gremlins sitting will have caused.

As far as yours goes, 5 vehicles is a lot to take care of but by the sounds of it, the van is the only thing that seems easy to get rid of. However, having something 3/4 ton is never a bad thing. The ability to haul stuff, pull a trailer, etc is always nice. I have 3 trucks I keep tagged and insured. My dad's 2001 half ton I use to pull the flatbed and work the properties mowing and such, my 2004 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 stays hooked to my gooseneck dump trailer that I bought after dad died for cleanup duty and to assist in property repair, and I daily my 2000 Dodge 2500 diesel. Dad's truck is the only one I consider getting rid of from time to time, but like your van, I have little in it. Aside from some maintenance I did and a set of tires it greatly needed when dad passed, it cost me nothing but liability insurance and tags to keep around. It runs and drives great, the a/c is cold, and it's a reliable beater. Its got hail damage, been beat and banged around, and dad hit a stump once that bent the frame (had a local guy repair that) all that makes my use value outweigh it's monetary value.

My 3 trucks have a combined mileage of @670k, the 2001 Chevy has @ 170k, the 04 4x4 270K, and the Cummins @ 230K, I'd trust to take any of the 3 of them across country today if needed after checking basic fluids and tire pressures, etc.

I, as a single person, have 5 vehicles, I hope to see them all running at the same time again and can definitely see your view on wanting to clear a space but it sounds like 5 is the number you need sir,
        I don't know how I missed this post. You make a lot of good points here, and I'm sorry for the loss of your father. What I'm trying to decide now is, with around 500hp will the buick be able to give me the joy the ranger does when I drive it? I'm not sure, either I'm not sure I'll be able to part with any of my rides. the one I'm attached to least is the white mustang, but that car is worth less than I owe After the wrecks and such. I may end up just storing the ranger in the garage and tinkering with it for the next 5 years while the kids on my insurance with what ever car she gets.
        but for right now, I'm just loving having the buick back to full power and driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
          Leave it and start acting like Bruce Willis in the last boy scout
          I've actually never seen that, now I have to.

Comment

might look into a grundy policy on the ranger and the rivi, that should help.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              might look into a grundy policy on the ranger and the rivi, that should help.
              I'll do it on my lunch break.

Comment

I pay 300/yr for full coverage on the mustang and my f100.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Just personal opinion here, but I think it would be a waste of effort and money to put 500hp in that thing. It’ll still be a land barge. Just enjoy it as a cruiser and let something that’s 1000lbs lighter be for performance.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Just personal opinion here, but I think it would be a waste of effort and money to put 500hp in that thing. It’ll still be a land barge. Just enjoy it as a cruiser and let something that’s 1000lbs lighter be for performance.
                    that's a good point.

Comment

This is why I vote turn it into a lowrider or old school Kustom.

Comment

If I did a "lowrider" it would be a bagged car with full size tires and white whalls or something retro on air ride. I'm not a 13" wheels with lace paint kinda guy.

Comment

this weekend has been awesome. Cars been doing great plenty of reactions, and love for the car. One real cool part was when I took the car to ridetech to get weighed and they made a contest out of it. lol

by the way it scaled at 4,555lb

man, I'm so ready to work the rest of the bugs out of it and just really enjoy it as a solid car.

Comment

Very cool! You need to ditch the Bush sticker in favor of a Nixon-Agnew sticker though.

Comment

Very cool! You need to ditch the Bush sticker in favor of a Nixon-Agnew sticker though.
                              Only reason it's still on there is because my grandpa put it on there 20 years ago.

Comment

So I' fairly certain I found my wheel for the car. Now I just need to pick a size. I'm looking at maybe a 17" staggered fit, like an 8' wide in the front and a 10" in the rear. Coolcat has a wheel fitment tool he's going to let me use to really flush things out. Plan for now is bags, wheels exhaust, then enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X