No announcement yet.

Finished my Sundown Audio build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's the asshole running the jackhammer in the video?

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Looks pretty sweet. Also get ready for everyone and their mother to be trying to steal that stuff. When I did the above average system, they could not actually remove anything but they sure as hell ruined all the wiring in the process.
      I know that right.. I've been jacked many times but now days I'm out of the hood "Garland" and into a good "Westminster, Co" neighborhood. My neighbor is "disabled" and stays home 100% of the time. I mean 100%.. He watches it for me when I'm away and will shoot people..
      sigpic

Comment

Clean truck and cool vid of the it being destroyed lol.

Comment

At 18, I started working at Crank It Up installing and to this day...I love my Sundown x10 and 2500D but mannnnn...I think I have finally gotten old because this is just not appealing to me any longer.
          Have you mic'ed it or just guessing at 150db?

Comment

I'm guessing, honestly.. I was waiting for the speakers to break in and the suspension seems pretty loose finally. You can't really "feel out" 150DB but from being in my old 150+ DB cars it's right in there, somewhere.
            sigpic

Comment

I am going to rebuild my box for my 2, JL 10w6v3 in my jeep. I like bass but to a point only. I am honestly scared of hearing damage from long term exposure even with a pair of 10's. That kind of noise you are making is definite hearing damage. I am guessing that box is ported?

Comment

I'm sure if I jammed at 150db+ all day I would be deaf as fuck after a year. I mainly crank it up for demos or for someone else who thinks they are booming at a stop light or if a chick wants a hair trick.

I'm going on 20 years with some type of 149-153 dB SPL vehicle in play and the last hearing test I took in 2013 when I was at fire academy, they told me I was 95%.

I was born with tinnitus and have noticed that the ringing has gotten louder through this last month's subwoofer break in although.....

As far as your 10s go, unless you are pumping 2000w rms apiece through them into aorted box in a single cab truck with a bed cut I'd suspect your hearing would be fine unless you already have a big underlining problem.

My 2c.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  I'm sure if I jammed at 150db+ all day I would be deaf as fuck after a year. I mainly crank it up for demos or for someone else who thinks they are booming at a stop light or if a chick wants a hair trick.

I'm going on 20 years with some type of 149-153 dB SPL vehicle in play and the last hearing test I took in 2013 when I was at fire academy, they told me I was 95%.

I was born with tinnitus and have noticed that the ringing has gotten louder through this last month's subwoofer break in although.....

As far as your 10s go, unless you are pumping 2000w rms apiece through them into aorted box in a single cab truck with a bed cut I'd suspect your hearing would be fine unless you already have a big underlining problem.

My 2c.
                  I think you're just lucky. My hearing sucks, and I'm positive it's from all the loud music.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

What DB do you think you are hitting?

Comment

Hoping for 150 or 151.. SPL lab finally is releasing a 200 dollar meter so I'll know soon. Could be in the 149 range though and just moves alot of air.
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice! My old Mazda truck could never break 149.

Comment

What did you have in it?
                            sigpic

Comment

2 Mack daddy diamond 12s and a pair of dei 1100s in tune ports. It was a lot of fun but tore the truck apart.

Comment

First hair trick, sorry for the quality I did not take it nor am I the lil Mexican dude.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X