looking for info on Practical Pistol Courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for info on Practical Pistol Courses

Does anybody know what the shooting requirements are for the Texas Department of Public Safety Practical Combat Pistol Course and the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Practical Pistol Course? My googling has only found mentions of them but I cant seem to find any specifics for the scoring

Im looking for something similar to this http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CHL...QualCourse.pdf

Are you looking to get into law enforcement and want this course? Or a civilian and want something like it?

Comment

Civilian job that requires a practical pistol course. Ive already taken an alternative class through work. I'm looking to see what difference is between the courses so I can shoot and drill to the different specifics, if any exist.

Comment

Try this John, my son in law went through his CC class but he does a lot of other instructional classes as well. I didn't see what I believe you're asking for on his website but he may have some info that would help out.

Certification Courses In Firearm Safety, Personal Protection, and Course Instruction

Comment

There are several types of classes.

1. CHL license - focus on rules and regs
          2. Marksmanship - focus on target shooting
          3. Games - IDPA, three gun, and cowboy shooting
          4. LEO - focus on shoot/don't shoot scenarios
          5. Gunfighter - focus on CQB, fighting in vehicles, confined spaces, executive protection etc.

What do you want to get out of the class? What is your end goal?

Comment

Hopefully they teach you reloads.
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
            X