Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys feel about ASUS laptops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G74SX here, I've had it for almost a year and it still works like a champ.

2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT - Current
    2006 Black C6 Z06 - Gone
    2012 Silver Blade Grand Sport C6 - Gone
    2006 Black C6 Corvette - Gone
    2004 Black Vert. Cobra - Sold
    2003 Oxford White Cobra - RIP 4/08/12 My birthday

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Now I'm not so sure I want to spend $1500, though. You guy shave recommendations for 1000-1200?

Edit: I was thinking of getting something like this and shoving the max amount of RAM in it:

Buy ASUS - 15.6" - Intel Core i7-3630QM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 8 GB DDR3 - 500GB HDD - Windows 8 64-Bit - Gaming Laptop (G55VW-DH71 ) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Problem is, ASUS website says that it is max expandable up to 32 GB Ram, but Crucial says it is only expandable up to 8 GB:

Does that just signify that this is the only RAM that Crucial carries for it or what?
      Last edited by Ratt; 02-07-2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

So, after some reading around and more review reading, etc, I ordered a Sager laptop. It's the NP9130. I hope I'm happy with it, but I'm sure I will be as it seems to be a better laptop for cheaper, even with tax and two-day shipping, than the Asus G55VW.

Comment

I've always used ASUS motherboards for system builds, so I decided to try out their laptops 3 years ago. It's still running strong, even though it has a battery issue that annoys the hell out of me. I replaced the battery last year, now it doesn't like to be recognized. Not sure what is going on there, but it still works fine plugged in.

I switched to Mac last year and gave the ASUS to my mom since it was better than the Toshiba Satelite from 2006 she had been using.
          كافر

Originally posted by sc281
          Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
          Originally posted by Trick Pony
          ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            So, after some reading around and more review reading, etc, I ordered a Sager laptop. It's the NP9130. I hope I'm happy with it, but I'm sure I will be as it seems to be a better laptop for cheaper, even with tax and two-day shipping, than the Asus G55VW.
            Saiger are good, but their caveat is they tend towards being bulky and less aesthetically pleasing than others. If you can get past those two items, you're golden.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Saiger are good, but their caveat is they tend towards being bulky and less aesthetically pleasing than others. If you can get past those two items, you're golden.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.
              I'm not really too hung up on looks, and overall it's smaller in length and width than the ASUS. It is a little thicker, but that doesn't bother me and I expected it to be with all the high end components it has in it. It only weighs 6 pounds, and it's a 15.6" laptop, so it shouldn't be too much of a burden to carry around.

Comment

Working...
              X