castle law question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• castle law question

So I believe you are covered to own a handgun/carry in your home and car. Are you covered to carry inside your private place of business as long as it is concealed?

You should be, I think, but why not just get a CHL and carry all the time? If you own your own business that means you could legally carry almost anywhere at anytime, unlike most of us that have to leave our guns in our vehicles when we step into work.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Was a topic of discussion last night and the guy wasn't aware you could carry in your car. He wants a CHL but wasn't aware he could get a gun now without a CHL. He's from out of state originally.

Comment

Buddy of mine runs a tattoo shop in Fort Worth and he carries without a permit...in fact he's actually been involved in a shooting that took place a few years ago (came to aid a FWPD officer under fire)..and they never gave him a second thought so yeah...I'm gonna say yes.

Comment

I've been in several private businesses where the owner or employees were open carrying. Just off the top of my head I can think of two gun stores and a knife shop here locally where they open carry.

Comment

Your own business would be considered your property and you can open or conceal carry.
            92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
              So I believe you are covered to own a handgun/carry in your home and car. Are you covered to carry inside your private place of business as long as it is concealed?
              Yes, and it doesn't have to be concealed.

Just go to CTD and see the employees open carrying.

Comment

According to a recent stop by a corinth officer he stated that it was legal to carry I'm my vehicle as long as it was concealed and not in open sight. He specifically said as long as I can't see it I don't care.

Why would the car be required to be concealed but a business could be open carried. I don't know enough about the castle law to know any better

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RuStYpNuS View Post
                  According to a recent stop by a corinth officer he stated that it was legal to carry I'm my vehicle as long as it was concealed and not in open sight. He specifically said as long as I can't see it I don't care.

Why would the car be required to be concealed but a business could be open carried. I don't know enough about the castle law to know any better
                  Same reason I can mow my lawn with a gun on my hip.

Comment

It has to be concealed in your car because that's how the law was written. As far as the business, if you own it, you can pretty much decide what you want to do with a firearm on your own property from my understanding
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                    X