New Xbox and PS4 specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xbox and PS4 specs?

So apparently some former AMD employees are being sued for releasing info on the new Xbox and PS.

A former AMD executive is being sued for leaking information on Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4. Leaked technical information for the highly anticipated Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 is at the center of a lawsuit against four former employees of the chip maker AMD who allegedly gave confidential data to rival company Nvidia.

PS4 is expected to use custom silicon based on AMD's A8-series APU and HD 7670 GPU, according to a source for IGN. Meanwhile, Xbox 720 will supposedly combine an IBM PowerPC CPU and a custom version of AMD's 6670 GPU.

Microsoft is also busy developing the new Xbox 720, which reportedly will have an 8-core CPU, a customized AMD 8800 series GPU and pack 8 GB of RAM.

The PlayStation 4 is rumored to have Ultra High-definition resolution, four or eight processing cores, 4.0 gigahertz, an AMD's Radeon 8000 series of discreet graphics chip and at least 240 gigabytes internal storage.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

similar specs like this were leaked before this "leak" and HD8000's so far are just rebranded 7k's for oem use. Nothing spectular.

Comment

Will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games, or will it be like when the PS3 came out and all the games you had on PS2 were either obsolete or had to be re-released for PS3 forcing you to repurchase the same damn game and lose all your saved data?
      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I'm guessing everything will be cloud based from now on. Just download games to your hard drive.

Sony will probably still push their next gen blu ray but I would venture that Microsoft will not use a disc

Comment

My ps3 is backwards compatible :P To bad i never play the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            Will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games, or will it be like when the PS3 came out and all the games you had on PS2 were either obsolete or had to be re-released for PS3 forcing you to repurchase the same damn game and lose all your saved data?
            I've heard there will be no backwards compatibility for either system. But that the xbox will have a blu-ray drive. As far as everything being cloud based, the systems would have to come with some pretty hefty HDD's. Games now are anywhere from 4-7 gigs on the Xbox, not to mention some save files are over a gig themselves.

There's also speculation that used games won't be allowed but I don't know about that. Seems like a pretty dumb move if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              I've heard there will be no backwards compatibility for either system. But that the xbox will have a blu-ray drive. As far as everything being cloud based, the systems would have to come with some pretty hefty HDD's. Games now are anywhere from 4-7 gigs on the Xbox, not to mention some save files are over a gig themselves.

There's also speculation that used games won't be allowed but I don't know about that. Seems like a pretty dumb move if that happens.
              I'm not doubting you, just have no seen it myself. WTF game has 1gb save games? That's insane.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I know Gran Turismo has some pretty damn big save data, but not sure if it's 1gig...
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Over under on pricing when they come out?

I think 1k+ on Ebay...
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    I'm not doubting you, just have no seen it myself. WTF game has 1gb save games? That's insane.
                    I know that my Oblivion save was 1.3 gigs, and I think my Skyrim save was at least 1/2 a gig. Also, if it was all on the cloud just think when 3+million people are all trying to download a new CoD game at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                      Over under on pricing when they come out?

I think 1k+ on Ebay...
                      With the xbox it was like that but my roommate at the time of the PS3 release waited outside of the best buy in San Marcos for three days, didn't make his ebay ad until he got his system and by the end of the day sony announced that there were shipping another 1,000,000 immediately. So he waited in line and spent $600 only to just return it.

Comment

I know that my Oblivion save was 1.3 gigs, and I think my Skyrim save was at least 1/2 a gig. Also, if it was all on the cloud just think when 3+million people are all trying to download a new CoD game at once.
                        No different than WoW updates or whatever other MMORPG does it. Takes a bit when all at once, but during normal upgrades/cycles it works good.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          No different than WoW updates or whatever other MMORPG does it. Takes a bit when all at once, but during normal upgrades/cycles it works good.
                          I dunno. I guess we'll just have to wait. I personally like going to buy a game instead of waiting an hour for it to download.

Comment

I dunno. I guess we'll just have to wait. I personally like going to buy a game instead of waiting an hour for it to download.
                            No, I agree with that and load to the drive or whatever. (Be nice if the 'cloud' recognized it - then you could DL from there if you lose the media.)

I mean right now, it looks like XB360 for some games allows web dl or media. Some people would be screwed, not everyone has good Internet access. Hell, I have 50mb down, but am limited to 100gb a month and I pay extra to be there as opposed to 50gb a month

Comment

Supposedly Sony is announcing the PS4 on Feb. 20th.

Comment

Working...
                              X