CPU temps have gone up, need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU temps have gone up, need suggestions

For some reason my CPU core temps have gone up higher than they normally are. Before the PC kept temps under 45*C, and no issues. Now I am at 66*C with a normal load (no games, just web browser, and streaming radio). All of the fans are working, and recently clean the PC out. It has "Filters" so it is really easy. I believe the temp is the issue Im having while playing WOW where the FPS drops suddenly, and come back up. The GPU temp is fine around 36-50*C

well the obvious question would be to ask about the ambient temperature, any changes?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Also, how old is the cooler?

Comment

Oh, you're water cooled, I didn't notice that until I looked. Well, Is that a sealed system or does it have a res?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

They're sealed, but can/do still suffer from mild evap. They use a low permeable tubing, but with any liquid cooling solution, evap can happen.

EDIT: Looks to be an H60. http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h60-cpu-cooler.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            They're sealed, but can/do still suffer from mild evap. They use a low permeable tubing, but with any liquid cooling solution, evap can happen.
            Oh for sure. The only way to really stop evap is to use copper rigid tubing. Even a nonvisible puncture or porous area would allow the fluid to evaporate. Is your pump louder than it use to be?

Comment

Also, how old is the cooler?
              Cooler, little over a year its a H60?

The ambient temp is close to the same. I did move, but its not like it went from inside to outside. It is a couple of feet away from the HVAC intake vent?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Oh for sure. The only way to really stop evap is to use copper rigid tubing. Even a nonvisible puncture or porous area would allow the fluid to evaporate. Is your pump louder than it use to be?
                Nope

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                  Nope
                  Well there is a lot of things that can cause this in water cooling. In order of probability: dust in radiator, low water, corrosion or build up in loop/water blocks, pump going out.

I'm not familiar with these newer sealed units, but I hope they don't mix aluminum and copper. If they do I hope they have additives. Is there a flow meter anywhere on it to test? You can weigh the unit and compare it to other people's and see if it has lost fluid, is there no way to add any?

Comment

I'd verify the fan is working properly too. Beyond that, go get an H80i, they're BEASTS! Peep this.

Comment

Yeah, fan on radiator I forgot.

Comment

I'd verify the fan is working properly too. Beyond that, go get an H80i, they're BEASTS! Peep this.
                        psh, tec water chiller:

That's an old computer of course.

Comment

No I can see the fan; its spinning around 1800 RPM. Couldn't get it to spin any faster though...

Comment

You could try these from Microcenter and have them price match Newegg.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              psh, tec water chiller:

That's an old computer of course.
                              Apples/oranges, besides, that's a dual core w/no indication of load, whereas mine is an 8 core and @100% load. It idles in the low double/high single digits and the cooler isn't even on its highest setting.

Comment

Working...
                              X