No announcement yet.

CPU temps have gone up, need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, maybe I should get one of those sealed water cooling units. Mine is typically in the high 30's-mid 40's just browsing the web and whatnot.

Comment

Your load is at 29c? That system was -10 at idle and load at 10c, and that was 2 very hot gpus, mch, and ram. I thought you ran just water cooling?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        Damn, maybe I should get one of those sealed water cooling units. Mine is typically in the high 30's-mid 40's just browsing the web and whatnot.
        They're surprisingly effective, I've built several systems w/them and have yet to be disappointed.
        Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Your load is at 29c? That system was -10 at idle and load at 10c, and that was 2 very hot gpus, mch, and ram. I thought you ran just water cooling?
        That PC has a gts450 and gtx260 core 216, OC'd and loaded 100% as well. I'm using the Corsair H80i.

H80i review from bit-tech. http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/coo...-h80i-review/1
        Last edited by Tx Redneck; 01-21-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

The weird thing is I run a stress test and the temp doesnt go up; stuck at 65*C. I used an app called HeavyLoad.

Comment

Check the temps w/Coretemp

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              Check the temps w/Coretemp

That's what I was using. The HeavyLoad app sucks. Suggestions on another program?

Comment

A program that simplifies the usage of Intel(R) Linpack. Linpack by Intel(R) is an extremely stressful program that will put even the most pow--erful X86/X64 CPU in the world at its knees....

Comment

No increase in temp under load...

Comment

What's temp showing in the BIOS?

Comment

are you sure you don't have a bad thermistor?
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Fucking A BIOS says 70-71*C!! Case temp is 29*

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                          Fucking A BIOS says 70-71*C!! Case temp is 29*
                          Do you have an infrared thermometer you can check that thermistor?

Comment

I can get one, and where is the thermistor at?

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                              I can get one, and where is the thermistor at?
                              just hit the base of the heat sink/near the pcb and see if it's near what the thermistor is reading. Just to ballpark if it's giving you accurate readings.

Comment

Just an FYI, the high static pressure fans are LOUD and annoying.
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                                Originally posted by Denny
                                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
                                X