No announcement yet.

CPU temps have gone up, need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you talkin bout Willis? These are quiet in comparison to what came on h80.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      What you talkin bout Willis? These are quiet in comparison to what came on h80.

I picked a pack of them up and returned them because of how loud they were. Sounded like they belong on a server.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I use Scythe fans, extremely quiet.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Core Temp says I'm at 65*C, the highest thing I could find with my IR thermometer was at 43*C (caps next to the CPU). When the temp reads high, it runs like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I use Scythe fans, extremely quiet.
            Scythe is great, I have the fans that came with the case, and one PC Queen. on the side sucking in for the CPU radiator.

I just took the motherboard side off and under the CPU I got a 57C reading...

Comment

I'd pull the water block, clean the old tim off it and the cpu, then reapply fresh stuff and see how it does.

Comment

Ill see if I have some tim somewhere... That is thermal grease right? lol

Comment

Si If not, I'm in N Garland and have a 4g tube of MX4.

Comment

I have some thanks though. This stuff expire, or need to be re-applied in X amount
                    of months??

Comment

Some do degrade over time. What kind do you have and do you know how to apply it?

Comment

I have two different types. I had Polysynthetic silver; used Cooler Master Ceramic Polysynthetic this time. Yea I've done it a few times, and the last application was near perfect. Only say near because there was a little that was on the side of the CPUs aluminum.

No change in temp.

Comment

What temp do you get where the tubes go into the rad?

Comment

45c

Comment

I think cj was on the right track, the thermister isn't reading correctly.

Comment

Yea I turn the PC on and walk away for two mintues, and its up to 63c. So a bad thermister work cause performance problems, or just bad readings?

Just checked again and PC says 67-71c and I'm getting 34c. RARR FUCKING GIGABYTE
                                Last edited by big_tiger; 01-26-2013, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X