No announcement yet.

CPU temps have gone up, need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's reading incorrectly high, it'll throttle the CPU to prevent damage, even if it's not really that hot. Do you know anyone with a compatible mobo you can test with? I'd try your CPU in their mobo and vice versa.

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

No I don't know anyone; its a micro ATX, so my options are limited.

Comment

What mobo and CPU?

Comment

AMD 1090t (AM3 125w), Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H

Lasting Quality from GIGABYTE.GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ motherboards bring together a unique blend of features and technologies that offer users the absolute ...

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

fuckin' gigbyte...
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My ga ma 770 ud3 from 5yrs ago is running strong. It's on its 3rd CPU and more time powered on than not.

http://m.gigabyte.com/product/product.aspx?pid=3302

Mine is a rev 2

Comment

Im in North Arlington. This MB has been sent to Gigabyte for repair of a bad ram channel, which has already messed up again. I just took the damn ram out and kept going. The 1090t still does ok in benchmark tests, against new stuff.
                  Benchmarking 86 CPUs takes a while. After long last, though, we have 51 models from AMD and 35 from Intel tested in our current suite. If you want to know how your processor sizes up to its competition, you'll find plenty of comparison data inside!

Comment

All 3 of the gigbyte boards I have owned failed prematurely. My DS3 failed 3 times in 5 months and I finally just told gigabyte to keep it and not send me an RMA back. I absolutely detest that company. Some people say they do fine, maybe they do, but like Crucial Ballistix, I've been burned enough.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Well I went from MSI saying that their boards can take the 1090t, and them frying; to the Gigabyte. I looked at the chipsets; MSI had the AMD 890, stepped down to 880, and now my only choice is lower.

Comment

See, this is the beauty of AMD, you can get an AM3+ board and put your CPU in due to backward compatibility.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                          Well I went from MSI saying that their boards can take the 1090t, and them frying; to the Gigabyte. I looked at the chipsets; MSI had the AMD 890, stepped down to 880, and now my only choice is lower.
                          I bought one of MSI's top of the line boards, the MSI GD70, and it shit the bed really quick, nothing worked like it should have on that board.

I bought an ASUS to replace it and have never had an issue.

Comment

Does it have to be micro atx?

Comment

yes, that tower is a micro only.

Comment

Working...
                              X