Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys feel about ASUS laptops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal. Now to talk the wife into letting me buy it

Comment

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission... just sayin...
        I like being married, and being Chinese she's REAL fuckin' cheap, so I gotta tread lightly around frivolous purchases, lol.

Comment

G74SX over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            I like being married, and being Chinese she's REAL fuckin' cheap, so I gotta tread lightly around frivolous purchases, lol.
            scientifically unpossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              G74SX over here.
              Any complaints?
              Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              scientifically unpossible.
              Nah, it's cool.

Comment

I dig my Samsung series 7 laptop

Comment

Originally posted by Jewmadbro? View Post
                  I dig my Samsung series 7 laptop
                  More expensive, less performance. Don't get me wrong, Samsung is a great company that I would put my weight behind if it were a little cheaper. I'm sure the screen is great, as I've never seen a shitty Samsung TV.

Comment

I havent used any Asus product and been unhappy with it. I can honestly say that I trust their brand over most any other for PC stuff.

I almost picked up a G74 laptop last year and instead went with a much more expensive alienware M18X and vowed never to deal with Dell again. I returned the alienware 25 days after getting it because they couldnt resolve one of the gpu fans not running causing one of the graphics cards to overheat. They refused to send out a tech even though I had the best warranty and instead wanted me to "send it to the depot". My tech support guy was indian of course and barely spoke english. Screw dell!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      I havent used any Asus product and been unhappy with it. I can honestly say that I trust their brand over most any other for PC stuff.

I almost picked up a G74 laptop last year and instead went with a much more expensive alienware M18X and vowed never to deal with Dell again. I returned the alienware 25 days after getting it because they couldnt resolve one of the gpu fans not running causing one of the graphics cards to overheat. They refused to send out a tech even though I had the best warranty and instead wanted me to "send it to the depot". My tech support guy was indian of course and barely spoke english. Screw dell!
                      Dell's consumer customer technical support blows, but their enterprise level support is THE SHIT! I've NEVER had an issue getting something replaced next-day with any of my clients who use dell stuff. IBM/Lenovo, HP, etc. is another story.

Comment

Any complaints?

Nah, it's cool.
                        Speakers kinda suck, other than that, no issues at all.

Comment

G73SWA-1 here, LOVE IT....

I also have U36Jc for travel and its a baddass laptop for travelling. 6 hours of battery life.

I recommend Asus to all my coworkers and those that have bought them have no regrets...
                          Another coworker here has a small Alienware... POS has been in the shop so many times. last time it was in, it got a new motherboard...
                          Dell is Junk IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
                            G73SWA-1 here, LOVE IT....

I also have U36Jc for travel and its a baddass laptop for travelling. 6 hours of battery life.

I recommend Asus to all my coworkers and those that have bought them have no regrets...
                            Another coworker here has a small Alienware... POS has been in the shop so many times. last time it was in, it got a new motherboard...
                            Dell is Junk IMO
                            I feel like just Alienware is junk. Every Dell product I have owned has been solid, but they are far from great gaming machines. Dell's XPS line was created for gaming before they acquired Alienware, and they were solid.

I think I'm either going to get the ASUS I posted or the G55 (the 15 inch version). Only problem is I can't get near as much performance out of the 15 inch, as it maxes at 2GB DDR5 vid card and 12 GB RAM instead of 3GB DDR% vid card and 16 GB RAM in the 17 inch.

Comment

More expensive, less performance. Don't get me wrong, Samsung is a great company that I would put my weight behind if it were a little cheaper. I'm sure the screen is great, as I've never seen a shitty Samsung TV.
                              Samsung has top notch customer service.

Comment

I've had my Asus lappy for almost 3 years on hardcore gaming with no issues really. Only thing was harddrive failures and that was with an upgraded SSD.

Comment

Working...
                                X