Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    Wyoming is what I heard.
    That would probably be an easier transition.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      That would probably be an easier transition.
      Just a border to hop. Would still love to see them in Texas though.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Find out tomorrow if Colorado has the dumbassery to push the law through

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          It isn't a matter of how many rounds can put down an attacker with, it's about how much fun I can have at the range. Ever shot a belt fed with 10 rounds? Well, I haven't but I bet it would be lame.
          Magazine restrictions shouldn't impact belt fed stuff, should it? I mean, you can always keep them in 10 round belts and then connect them when you want to fire it.

Talk about fun, my two favorite days when I was in the Army:

1. During basic training I had KP on one of the range days. Back then we still had the M16A1, with full auto. The day I missed was the day they practiced running through basic combat loads (210 rounds via 7 - 30 round mags) as quickly as possible. I was actually fortunate that I was on KP because they took those of us that missed it during a "classroom" day. There were only like 5 of us but they had the live fire range booked for an hour and had a couple thousand rounds available. They were basically timing us, to see how quickly we could run through all 7 mags from the first to last. That was a blast! Squeeze the trigger until the bolt locks back, drop mag, insert new mag, release bolt, tap forward assist, squeeze trigger. Repeat..

2. During AIT I carried the M60 on one of our field exercises.. Although I had already done live fire on the M60, the was prone using the bipod. During this field exercise we were only using blanks, but were running multiple scenarios and much of the firing I did was standing or on the move.. I felt like Rambo running around shooting that thing, and had as much fun with the blanks as i would have with live rounds. It was especially fun at night with the flames shooting out.. "Clack, clack, clack!"

I loved shooting the Mk19 too, did that in Korea, but wasn't able to really go nuts with that.
          Last edited by Chili; 03-07-2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Squeeze the trigger until the bolt locks back, drop mag, insert new mag, release bolt, tap forward assist, squeeze trigger. Repeat..
            BTW, even though we had shitty-ass, old as hell M16s and magazines, I never had one issue with misfires. Still don't know how I was so lucky.

Comment

People fail to realize that these bans are exactly how smokers were dealt with. First it was restaurants, then bars, then city-wide bans, then taxing the shit out of cigarettes, etc. It all goes downhill from 1 piece of legislation, then you have no freedoms. And I'm not even a smoker, but I can see the correlation. And this is only the beginning if you think, oh that's not so bad..

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                People fail to realize that these bans are exactly how smokers were dealt with. First it was restaurants, then bars, then city-wide bans, then taxing the shit out of cigarettes, etc. It all goes downhill from 1 piece of legislation, then you have no freedoms. And I'm not even a smoker, but I can see the correlation. And this is only the beginning if you think, oh that's not so bad..
                Agree with you 100% on this. Slow road to hell...

I hate the smoke from smokers, but I don't agree with the anti-smoking bans.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  Generally someone owning a 30 round Pmag does not affect anyone around them. Smoking on the other hand does and several members in my family are smokers so I know. I would be ok with smokers having their own room in a restaurant but it use to get on my nerves when I was eating breakfast and some asshat started chain smoking behind me. If I want a good cigar I smoke it at a party, bar, or other place it is accepted. Not in a restaurant.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

You see my point that its a slow decline in taking ones ability over time. Smoking at one time was glamorized and done by the majority of the population, now because of the government pressure, it's almost extinct. Granted smoking is not a Constitutional right, but gun rights are going along the same path.

Comment

Agreed^^

The worst part about the smoking bans was telling a PRIVATE BUSINESS what they could and couldn't allow. It should have been up to the business, but it's one group limiting the rights of everyone. That's what's taking hold in this country.

Fuck these legislators and anyone who was for the bans, and there are a ton of dipshits around here that said they supported it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                        Agreed^^

The worst part about the smoking bans was telling a PRIVATE BUSINESS what they could and couldn't allow. It should have been up to the business, but it's one group limiting the rights of everyone. That's what's taking hold in this country.

Fuck these legislators and anyone who was for the bans, and there are a ton of dipshits around here that said they supported it.
                        Concur, I'm in the same boat as y'all and I don't smoke anymore. I won't elaborate further, as to not derail the thread....banning magazine capacities is bullshit in my opinion. Any further laws and background checks are bullshit.

Law abiding citizens are not the ones who need policed.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                          Agreed^^

This.. I am a smoker, and my main issue with those bans was / is that the government is stepping on the toes of private business owners. Banning it in public places, government buildings and the like I'm ok with. That was especially the case in Dallas where first the city said that the businesses could allow smoking if they installed the proper ventilation systems (at a large expense), then after some had done so, they came back and banned it outright.

Comment

Working...
                          X