No announcement yet.

Burnt pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that's not correct, I'm still willing to be wrong.

Now that is greatness. Knowing when to admit to not being wrong, or right. That is not

unlike being right 1/2 the time, and willing to admit it!

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
      Right on. Thanks. I meant that the steel had become annealed by the fire. I didn't mean it was previously annealed. If that's not correct, I'm still willing to be wrong.
      You're now 100% correct in your statement, but it's not all encompassing as annealing isn't the only concern for changes to material properties. So it's a win-win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Probably boredom and trying to see if he can actually do it.
        It's pretty much to see if it can be saved. If there's a danger that the weapon has been structurally compromised by the heat then that is something I will take as gospel from those of you more knowledgeable on it than me. Some of the bluing is burned off but it looks okay. Still final verdict?
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Frost I can't give you a definite yes or no scientifically without knowing the exact materials and original heat treats. But I can tell you house fires get hot enough in the high end to anneal some high carbons, mid temp is enough to overage PH stainless steels, And dimensional changes can occurr throughout all of those ranges.

I would strongly advise against salvaging, but have no specific evidence to prove either way.

Comment

Ruffdaddy is smart with his answers...........but i am more of a pirate and am afraid I would have to shoot it after restoring it......out of curiousity. lol

I think i would put it in my vice with a pull string trigger for the first round, though. lol
            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
            Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              You're now 100% correct in your statement, but it's not all encompassing as annealing isn't the only concern for changes to material properties. So it's a win-win!!!
              High five 'n shit.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Frost is gonna send it to me and I will see what I can do with it!
                Semper Fi

Comment

All you have to do is pull the sight off and replace the gun underneath, problem solved.

Comment

shippng may cost more than that cost new.

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Scotch brite it and take it to the next PD Gun Purchase. Accept money, get drunk.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                        Frost is gonna send it to me and I will see what I can do with it!
                        he's just going to put it in his ass...

FYI

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          he's just going to put it in his ass...

FYI
                          true story
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            Scotch brite it and take it to the next PD Gun Purchase. Accept money, get drunk.
                            GREAT idea

Comment

Shame. I have one just like it. It is a sweet little pistol. I just put rosewood grips on mine and fired it this week. If you clean it up, I would be afraid to fire it. I would worry about the barrel warping. Just make it a wall hanger.

Comment

I would not fire it. However, I understand seeing if it can be visually restored just for the hell of it. I would not fire it, though.

Actually, "restore" it and send it to these guys; they like shooting "dangerous" guns.
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/Iraqveteran8888
                                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                                X