No announcement yet.

Bought something stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Savages are a lot of gun for the money. My only complaint with them is the tab on the triggers of some models.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      The Savages are a lot of gun for the money. My only complaint with them is the tab on the triggers of some models.
      Accutrigger? The trigger shoe like a glock has?

They have ejection issues after some use but most people don't see that issue. I've seen it on several in matches where it fails to eject the spent round and just leaves it in the action.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I have right at $800 in my Remington 700 w/cheap-o Millett TRS-1 scope. Haven't shot real far with it, mainly just hunted and sub 100 yard shots, but took it out to 200 the other day and managed some pretty good groups.

14 Raptor
        18 GT350

Comment

I guess you can say that one round didn't stop...on a dime.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY Y

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
            Accutrigger? The trigger shoe like a glock has?

They have ejection issues after some use but most people don't see that issue. I've seen it on several in matches where it fails to eject the spent round and just leaves it in the action.
            The trigger shoe that you mentioned it what drives me nuts.

I have not noticed an ejection issue but my only 2 Savages that I normally shoot are chambered in 7mag and .338LM and I suspect they both have greater extractor engagement then a .308 cartridge does. Truth be told your post is the first I have ever heard of the problem.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              The trigger shoe that you mentioned it what drives me nuts.

I have not noticed an ejection issue but my only 2 Savages that I normally shoot are chambered in 7mag and .338LM and I suspect they both have greater extractor engagement then a .308 cartridge does. Truth be told your post is the first I have ever heard of the problem.
              It's not an extractor issue, it's an ejection issue. Ejection spring gets weak and won't throw the brass clear of the chamber. I have heard of people having the problem, but I never have.

To be fair, some of the people who have the problem load their ammo to the limit of pressure (hot rodding) and I feel that extra pressure and force against the bolt face and ejector play a big factor.
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                It's not an extractor issue, it's an ejection issue. Ejection spring gets weak and won't throw the brass clear of the chamber. I have heard of people having the problem, but I never have.

To be fair, some of the people who have the problem load their ammo to the limit of pressure (hot rodding) and I feel that extra pressure and force against the bolt face and ejector play a big factor.
                When you said it left the brass in the action I mistakenly thought you were talking about the brass getting stuck in the chamber.
                Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-18-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post

This is what I'm referring to. It's is enough of an issue at least one company offers a "fix" but it will eventually meet the same fate as the original.

Comment

Not to break up you guys convo, but do y'all know of any ranges anywhere in TX that have 1000+ ranges? I thought I read of one in Sonora that had them out to 1500, but can't seem to find the info anymore. Have gun, will travel.
                    14 Raptor
                    18 GT350

Comment

Originally posted by Spritle View Post
                      Not to break up you guys convo, but do y'all know of any ranges anywhere in TX that have 1000+ ranges? I thought I read of one in Sonora that had them out to 1500, but can't seem to find the info anymore. Have gun, will travel.
                      TacPro, 3MR, and there's a great one in Cresson now.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ditch the Mark 4 and buy my bnib vortex razor for $2,000.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                          The thing I did last month. Had to drive to the Allen Cabela's to get it. The FTW store, 4 miles from me, didn't have it.

Savage 10t-sr in 6.5creedmore.

Next is a Vortex Razor HD gen II 4.5-27x56 mrad turrets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          have you bought the optic yet? are you using the vortex discount?
                          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                            have you bought the optic yet? are you using the vortex discount?
                            I know a few that have. It's discounted off the msrp so not typically any better than sale prices and it takes forever to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              I know a few that have. It's discounted off the msrp so not typically any better than sale prices and it takes forever to get it.
                              is that true? Its a 40% discount. I haven't personally used it, but I know several others that have. Just trying to help a bro out, Lord knows he's helped me.
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                                is that true? Its a 40% discount. I haven't personally used it, but I know several others that have. Just trying to help a bro out, Lord knows he's helped me.
                                That's what I was told by a few. It was for gen II razor so it might be just that lineup. I know a few big retailers like cabelas supposedly has a good discount for mil too. Another that used to was sportoptics.

Not exactly a jab at them but the match I shot last weekend had 3 gen II razors in it and none were of the same quality despite all being the same model. Glass quality, eyebox and turret feel all varied. Someone that is tge occasional shooter likely won't notice though. Makes me really appreciate high end glass.

Comment

Working...
                                X