4k Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4k Monitor

I'm looking at an Asus PB287Q for about $250. Is there anything else that I should be looking at in a similar price range?
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

That's a decent price. I have had mostly positive experiences with Asus.

I'd rather have a 1080/1440 ultrawide than that, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post

I'm not a huge fan of Ultrawides but my experience with them is admittedly limited

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
        I'm not a huge fan of Ultrawides but my experience with them is admittedly limited
        What is your main use for this monitor?

Comment

What is your main use for this monitor?
          Gaming

Comment

If it's gaming you want gsync. I had the monitor you're looking at (the PB287Q) and I pitched it because screen tearing in 4k is real. It was fucking terrible.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Wanted one for a while but I'll stick with 1440p for a couple more years. Cards often dont even like that...so I'm assuming 4k is a good deal worse. And another thing. What's with all these microscopic U.I's in games that natively support these higher rezzes? Pretty annoying. Gsync would be real damn cool though. Last i checked it was kinda expensive.
              WH

Comment

4k gaming is amazing. Sometimes the UI's are small, yes.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post

Ultrawides for gaming is the shit. Accept no substitute.

Here's an old album of the division, normal (xbone) and ultrawide (pc). Get an ultrawide, you'll thank us all later.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like randoacc.

Normal/Xbone

Ultrawide/Pc

sigpic

Comment

Paragon.

1920x1080

3440x1440

sigpic

Comment

In 1st/3rd person shooters the ultrawide is a definite advantage over a standard monitor.

Comment

Peasant res. I dismiss you.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          Peasant res. I dismiss you.
                          PUBG in 15, loser.

Comment

Let me tape the top and bottom of my monitor so I can experience this resolution you speak of and I'll join in.

Comment

ultra wide doesn't take away it only adds.

Comment

Working...
                              X