FYI Lone Star Gun Club temporarily shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txstangnut View Post
    That place is now the Hip Pocket Theater. I remember going to this range with my dad as a kid. It was on Silver Creek rd.
    Exactly, it was the Fort Worth Rifle & Pistol Club. There were a lot of great members there.

Comment

I have not heard good or bad news from the results of the hearing today.

Comment

Ended up coming to terms with the other party, and the range will continue.

Details to follow, but it looks like they will be making some layout changes and increased safety measures.

Comment

Hopefully they'll build those damn berms up!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
            Hopefully they'll build those damn berms up!
            Amen. They need to build the berms and add more steel.

Comment

Latest update that was sent to their membership:

1) We did not have to go to the injunction hearing.
              2) We are working with our neighbors to ensure the range is safe and we are here for years to come.
              3) We are being required to rebuild much of our range to NRA standards as set forth in the NRA Range Source Guide.
              4) We do not have a completed agreement from the Plaintiffs as to our demands and theirs.
              5) When we do we will begin our renovations.
              6)The range is closed until such renovations are made.
              7) We are pushing for an incremental opening. Meaning, we build one area to NRA Standards, and that area can open to shooting. Then we start on the next.
              8) We cannot estimate the opening date since we have no completed agreement.
              9) Both sides worked very hard to have it by today, but it did not happen. So hopefully by Monday it will all be worked out.
              10) The range is open for camping and gun sales.

Thanks so much for everyone's support during these trying times!

Thanks
              Team LoneStar

Comment

Lol at # 10
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

So many questions...

1) How long will it take to get a range up
                  2) How the hell will this change the range up and how restrictive this will be (IE, rapid fire? no FMJ? draw from holster or transitions? ) if those are gone, then they can kiss my membership and probably most of theirs goodbye.
                  3) What they are planning to do for members who now have are paying member dues for an unusable range.
                  4) What will this do to their member base when it comes to renewal
                  5) What will this do to the cost of membership for absorbing all these mandated changes

Comment

Even stranger is that they're no longer accepting day shooters, will now be members only. That's just asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      Even stranger is that they're no longer accepting day shooters, will now be members only. That's just asinine.
                      Based on the facebook posting that they had to shut down to rebuild all the ranges to NRA standards it would make sense to not allow public access until they can handle the member's needs

Comment

They sent out an email today about a member's meeting tomorrow at the range. No shooting allowed though.

Comment

As some know, a few of us have had memberships at Lonestar Gun Club out in Mesquite. It was great because they were pretty laid back, membership prices were fair, and they had 3 tac bays up front. It soon came out that they were embroiled in some shit with the neighbors, under the guise of noise complaints. Now it seems that a bigger part of the problem was errant rounds leaving the range and going onto the neighbor’s property. Needless to say, the neighbors went the legal route and on 8/30/17, a TRO was granted, and all firearms activity at Lonestar was to cease. Up until recently, very little was done or posted about while the suit carried on. It appears that they’re close to an agreement vis a vis mediation, as to how they’ll be able to fully open up again.

For now, the “short range” and 100 yard ranges are open. I was out in Mesquite a few days ago and decided to go see for myself. For now, the “short range” is a Conex box where you can shoot up to 10 yards at paper targets. They have railroad ties on all sides to prevent rounds from exiting the Conex box. You can’t make this shit up if you tried.

As for the 100 yard range, there appears to be an area roughly 5-8 yards at the end where you can setup paper targets. To shoot, you shoot prone through these 3 sections of concrete pipe, again, in order to prevent errant rounds from leaving the range. Apparently it’s loud AF when shooting, I can’t imagine why, lol.

Allegedly they’re wanting to put another Conex box 25 yards away from the current one, and somehow creating an overhead cover that transverses the two boxes, to prevent exiting rounds. Then they’re wanting to do something similar out by the 100 yard ranges, for the new tactical bays. The tac bays are supposed to be roughly 25 yards wide by 50 yards deep, and with a cover just like the Conex boxes.

Supposedly Derek Ringley is still on property but has 60 days to vacate. Matthew Dryer and Lisa Dryer are the new owners. At some point the range will bear the new name “Falcon Ridge”.

Comment

That looks like a shit show compared when I was there a 2 years ago

Comment

They would have been better off increasing the berm heights on all three sides of the 100yd range and installing elevated baffles to catch rounds which will exceed backstop.

As much as we can hate on Alpine, they have a very safe physical environment. It is the douches that come out there straight from the gun show that douche it up and some of their range officers contribute as well.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Wow that looks like total shit. That's too bad because I was waiting for them to get it all straightened out and then I planned on joining. Guess that's not going to happen.
                                Originally posted by Marisa
                                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X