A Ford Dealer is Selling the 650-hp F-150 Lightning that Ford Won’t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
    Been that way for me for a while now too. I just cant bring myself to pay new car prices. Thats why I roll old ass Toyotas.
    I have not had a car payment in 8+ years

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
      whats wrong with it being a bare bones f150?

both the gen 1 and 2 were pretty much bare f150's
      Bullshit! My 94 L had power windows and locks! Bitch was fully loaded.

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
        whats wrong with it being a bare bones f150?

both the gen 1 and 2 were pretty much bare f150's
        actually they were fully loaded with the latest an greatest tech for their time. better brakes, special rearend gearing, power adjustable seats, lumbar, gen 1 had a optional cd player, captain chair seats, and the gen 2 had a multi disc cd changer.

Way fancier then a regular F150

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          I totally agree that some of these are getting out of hand, an $80k stock pickup is preposterous in my mind, but there are obviously folks out there that see the value in what it costs to buy a new rig. Other's love the thrill of owning a new sports car, jeep, etc, and get daily pleasure out of it.

We all waste money on shit just because we want the experience, vacation spend for example, is gone the moment you buy the tickets, and there are those that will refuse to travel because of it. Leasing is another good example, it's not about owning a car, it's about being able to justify the expense to drive a particular ride for a few years. Boats are another good example of damn fin "wastes of money."
          I definitely understand the intangible of "wasting money" but for me this one hits on 2 levels. I always thought I would buy cool cars when I made what i make now...but they've gone from low 30s to mid 50s it seems in the 6-8 years since ive thought about it. The second level is just hesitance to invest in a depreciating asset that expensive. The older I get...the harder I push to get close to saving 50% of my income.

Remove either one of those and I splurge on a new car. I just can't overcome the cost increase.

Even boats have skyrocketed in cost so now if I want to go out I just rent.

Someday I'll buy a ranch...while it's much less likely to depreciate, it'll still be my chance to piss money away.

Comment

That's really nice.
            Last edited by soap; 09-15-2017, 07:28 PM.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Don't think I haven't considered what both car payments would do to increase my 401k, or how much more house/property it would buy. Time is also a "depreciating asset" though, and you're only young once. The way I see it, my future self will be doing just fine, and won't spend too much time mulling over how much he spent on cars over the years. He also won't be thinking, "man I wish I had built my dream Mustang back when I had the chance to enjoy it," nor will he be wishing he had done better for his family.

Others get just as much joy/satisfaction out of watching their investments grow, and that's cool too. Life is to be enjoyed however we choose and feel most comfortable, some will have more cash than others to leave to the grandkids, and others will have a cherry 650HP Lightning for them to fight over.

Comment

Don't think I haven't considered what both car payments would do to increase my 401k, or how much more house/property it would buy. Time is also a "depreciating asset" though, and you're only young once. The way I see it, my future self will be doing just fine, and won't spend too much time mulling over how much he spent on cars over the years. He also won't be thinking, "man I wish I had built my dream Mustang back when I had the chance to enjoy it," nor will he be wishing he had done better for his family.

Others get just as much joy/satisfaction out of watching their investments grow, and that's cool too. Life is to be enjoyed however we choose and feel most comfortable, some will have more cash than others to leave to the grandkids, and others will have a cherry 650HP Lightning for them to fight over.
                i remember you on your high horse commenting on sebs situation when he had a few mediocre cars and lived in a camper. just saying...

maybe you've grown up a little since then?

Comment

We all waste money on shit just because we want the experience, vacation spend for example, is gone the moment you buy the tickets, and there are those that will refuse to travel because of it.
                  Yeah the broke dick mentality types are always such a hoot to be around. There are those who don't go because they don't want to spend the money and then there are those who do and end up bitching the entire time about how everything is "so damned expensive..." Vacations are far from being wasteful if things are done within the means of a budget. If you can't set aside money to do something with the family every once in awhile then you're doing shit wrong.

Comment

I definitely agree with you...im mostly just salty because cars are too expensive.

I say this as I'm packing for vegas so I'm not a complete wet blanket now lol.
                    Last edited by Ruffdaddy; 09-15-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      i remember you on your high horse commenting on sebs situation when he had a few mediocre cars and lived in a camper. just saying...

maybe you've grown up a little since then?
                      No where in the current equation are we living in less than a nice home in a good area. If money were tight, I'd still be driving my Ranger, and would-be mod money would be going into the house and fun things for my family, and/or saving it for vacation. I got rid of the M3 to make financial room for an SUV without a blink, and I was driving my wife's 2007 Fusion. I'd still be without a toy if business weren't good. If we were to fall on hard times, the Mustang would be the first thing to go, without hesitation. Yes, I've grown up to affirm that my family comes before hobbies.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                        I wonder at what point cars get so expensive that people stop buying them?
                        They wont as long as some bank will approve them. Some people actually get these insane 84 month car loans.
                        “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          I wonder at what point cars get so expensive that people stop buying them?
                          Trend is already happening if you look at New Car sales trends over the last 10 years. It in no way keeps up with general population growth. Used car prices are also going up due to the fact folks can't afford new so they old stuff retains more value.

What I want to know is what BANK is writing loans on this stripper VIN and how is the insurance company going to insure it? It's all tied to the original VIN which is going to be a stripped base V8 F150... Good luck!

Comment

No where in the current equation are we living in less than a nice home in a good area. If money were tight, I'd still be driving my Ranger, and would-be mod money would be going into the house and fun things for my family, and/or saving it for vacation. I got rid of the M3 to make financial room for an SUV without a blink, and I was driving my wife's 2007 Fusion. I'd still be without a toy if business weren't good. If we were to fall on hard times, the Mustang would be the first thing to go, without hesitation. Yes, I've grown up to affirm that my family comes before hobbies.

Downright un-American man!

David

Comment

have you noticed that dealerships sell new cars to damn near anyone! i think every Mexican in my neighborhood has a brand new truck.

Comment

I totally agree that some of these are getting out of hand, an $80k stock pickup is preposterous in my mind, but there are obviously folks out there that see the value in what it costs to buy a new rig. Other's love the thrill of owning a new sports car, jeep, etc, and get daily pleasure out of it.

We all waste money on shit just because we want the experience, vacation spend for example, is gone the moment you buy the tickets, and there are those that will refuse to travel because of it. Leasing is another good example, it's not about owning a car, it's about being able to justify the expense to drive a particular ride for a few years. Boats are another good example of damn fin "wastes of money."
                                I saw at a used $72k F250. People are fucking nuts.
                                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                                86 SVO - Sold
                                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                                X