Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That moment you realize you're a horder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    I want to build a large steel building and put my home in the corner, leaving the rest for cars and rc planes.
    I too have this idea but can’t get the wife on board....

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      Put everything except the dailys on collector car insurance policies and everything except the 2 mustangs can be registered as an antique which is dirt cheap and good for 5 years no inspections. Then keep all 5.
      This. I have both of my Mustangs on a Collector policy and I paid $530-ish annually for full coverage (total for both cars). The '65 is declared at $40k and the '92 at $13k (lol).

Regarding storage, good luck with that. Fortunately our new place has a 40x40 shop so I'm in good shape for a while.

Comment

I've talked to several friends and acquaintances about this very thing, and all of them were relieved when they finally unloaded the cars in question, and never looked back. One case was the emotional keepsake early Bronco, where it was a maintenance nightmare, and sat most of the year. He said once it was gone the relief set in, as it wouldn't be taking up any more mental real estate.

Comment

Wife jumped my ass about spending to much time working on shit. So, I’m down to 1 project and our daily drivers. It’s a great relief not searching for parts for 2 or 3 cars at a time and I’m getting more shit done around the house and on the car or so it seems.

Comment

Problem is also, the wife is an enabler. lol

Comment

Nah, you're not a hoarder, my mom is a hoarder. She has...

1957 Cadillac Coupe Deville - Apart for restoration right now
              1964 Thunderbird convertible - Currently being restored
              1964 Thunderbird - Running
              1971 LTD - For Sale
              1984 Park Avenue, running
              1987 Civic - For Sale
              1988 IROC - running
              1995 G20 van - running
              1996 Impala SS - Running, garage queen.
              1996 Mark VIII LSC - running, daily driver
              2000 Dodge ram V10 - Business truck
              2003 F250 - Business truck
              2014 Smartfortwo - Because, I don't even fucking know, I told her not to buy the POS.

Oh and she downsized these past two years, that list included an 85 Thunderbird, an 87 t-bird turbo, a 52 chevy deluxe, and an 86 Mustang LX 5.0 convertible.

Comment

Hoarders keep shit that has no value. We're "collectors".. Someone always wants old cars or parts..

Comment

When I realize that I spent 15k last year at Rockauto, when I can not walk anywhere in my house without tripping over a gun or car parts. When my floors are no longer level because of the weight of all of the ammo, gun safes, and car parts I have stashed at home. When I buy 3 of the same type of car in one month and have all of them taken apart.

Hoarding is not a joke. My friends dad was an EXTREME hoarder and he died in a storage building 3 weeks after the city demolished his house. The storage was so pack ratted with shit that the fire dept refused to remove his body and I had to scrape him off of the floor with a shovel and put him in a bag one scoop at a time. I can not find the article from the Dallas Morning News about his death but it was in August of 2006 and it was about 120 inside of the building and he had been dead for a few days when Thomas found him. Some of y'all may have know Thomas; he was the manager at Haltech Fuel injection. We spent the next 3 weeks cleaning out the storage in the middle of the night.

Neighbors think the old man who lives at the corner of Cortez and Thornberry might be a little crazy. His house is falling down, its paint is fading away, and plastic tarps cover holes in its crumbling wood-shingle roof. The old man's yard, jammed with lumber, pipes, bricks, scaffolding, and...

Edit: Thomas was my friend and the son of the man I am talking about.
                  Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-30-2018, 07:09 AM.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I've just found another one I want... don't need another one as I have plenty now, but I kinda' want it...

Now I'm going through the thought process of taxes/registration/insurance (it's a 2017 so no collectors ins or registration discount) and the devil on my left shoulder is in my ear big time.... Get it Get it Get it! and I'm like yeah,but but but...

I'm very fortunate to have such problems.

mardyn

Comment

My next purchase will be a clean 1987 Buick Grand National.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Thought about a wholesale dealers license, a garage mans liability and a movable dealers tag.

Comment

Get a boat, that really adds to the fun.

Stashed in various locations I have the following:

96 Impala SS
                          65 Impala More door hardtop
                          75 Nova
                          72 3 door Burb
                          76 Roger's Jet

Daily's at the house are the wife's 15 Impala, my 10 F150 and a 72 Chevelle and the boat is in the drive during the summer.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Except for 1carcrazyguy, I think you are all a bunch of amateurs!! lol

I think I am down to 14 and that is only because I dismantled 4 trucks to make 2.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
                              Except for 1carcrazyguy, I think you are all a bunch of amateurs!! lol

I think I am down to 14 and that is only because I dismantled 4 trucks to make 2.
                              I live in a neighbor hood and there are a lot of collage kids renting houses now. so every damn parking spot is taken. If I don't leave a car parked on the street in front of my house the spot will be taken by the time I get home.

Comment

Ive sold 28 cars and motorcycles since July 2015. I still have a few vehicles to get rid of and a 12x30 storage bay full of motorcycles and another 10 bikes or so scattered in other locations, 4 boats, and various other shit to sort and get rid of. I've hauled 3 cars to the crusher, 12 loads of trash and junk to the dump (bought a 14 foot gooseneck dump trailer) for a total of 15 tons so far. And I'm still not done.

Comment

Working...
                                X