Smog pump delete time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smog pump delete time

I guess I'm going to get rid of my 94 GT's smog pump because its making a bunch of racket. I damn sure ain't buying another one to put on there. Sounds like something is rattling around in there. Its either that or the belt tensioner, kind of hard to tell. But I don't think belt tensioners make a clacky rattling noise when they're dying.

So anyway, what are the do's and dont's of deleting the smog pump off of a 94 GT? Any way to avoid the check engine light staying on for eternity? Maybe I don't care about that light, and I'll just remove the bulb from the back of the gauge cluster so it can't be seen anymore. Not something I'd normally even consider, but I've read that with OBD1, typically all that was monitored was emissions related crap anyway. If that is true, no big loss there with losing the check engine light.

Anything to watch out for? Is the exhaust going to fume up the neighborhood now and make me not want to leave it running, like my old chevy used to?
    WH

When mine crapped out on my 87 5.0 F150 I just took the pulley off and ran a shorter belt. Never flagged a check light and never smelled any different.

Comment

I’ve got a delete pulley off my fox that I’d sell for $20.

Comment

i removed it from my 94vert, put the delete pulley on, and the CEL was turned off via the tune.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

If you want to keep the air injection you can add a GM electric pump. Racetronics has a very affordable wiring harness for them.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            If you want to keep the air injection you can add a GM electric pump. Racetronics has a very affordable wiring harness for them.
            I've got that harness new in a bag unused. If needed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              When mine crapped out on my 87 5.0 F150 I just took the pulley off...

I haven't looked real close. Is there any reason to take the pulley off? Seems like a shorter belt might be all that is really needed.
              WH

Comment

You can do it with a shorter belt and a different routing. But a belt will probably cost you more than my $20 pulley. A quick google search will give you a belt routing diagram and length.

Comment

You can also take it apart and grease the inside real good. Works at least through state inspection time

Comment

Think its got what... 1 year left for inspection? Can't remember how old it has to be before they stop caring.

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                    You can do it with a shorter belt and a different routing. But a belt will probably cost you more than my $20 pulley. A quick google search will give you a belt routing diagram and length.
                    PM sent, asking if you're sure a fox pulley would work on the SN95. Same exact smog pump? If its all good, I'll gladly buy the pulley.
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X