Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    I probably have it in my messages. I forgot you sent it

I just checked those pictures, and I'm not completely correct. Problem now is, I probably scored into the clear cutting the tape that I put on... :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I'm sure it wont be a big deal. It's well done though. It's a model in such detail that I've not seen before. That's the part that I'm really impressed with. You've lifted every rock to make that an actual version of that car.

Hell when you're done go see if Denny Hamlin can sign it at an appearance.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      I'm sure it wont be a big deal. It's well done though. It's a model in such detail that I've not seen before. That's the part that I'm really impressed with. You've lifted every rock to make that an actual version of that car.

Hell when you're done go see if Denny Hamlin can sign it at an appearance.
      I post to a few facebook groups. There is a guy that works for a broadcast network that plans to show him pictures at the las vegas race later this year

Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I can mark wheels and tires off of the list! I finally bit the bullet and decided to use machined aluminum nuts for the lug nuts. I found some great pieces at a more than reasonable price.

The tire tread was sanded down using the "drill method", Mounting the tire on a bolt and putting it in the drill and sanding the tread on 220 grit sand paper. This saves a ton of time. I wiped down the sidewalls with lacquer thinner to remove the kit markings and prep them for decals. Once the decals were on and dry, I hit the entire tire with Model Master dull coat lacquer to take the shine out of them. I added a few markings with a grease pencil, then mounted them on the wheels. The wheels were shot with Krylon Gloss black, which I had to top with Model Master ultra gloss lacquer due to a paint issue. More wet works decals for the weld logo and the alignment tape. The lug nuts are .031 machined aluminum nuts, I left them bare aluminum for some contrast and then painted the top edge with Fluorescent orange.

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
            Those look great!
            Thanks. Those lug nuts took a TON of concentration. they are .031" measured across from flat face to flat face. I only lost one. It was the last damn piece on the last wheel. So, there is one that is .025". Not bad 1 of 20

Comment

That's crazy detail, keep the pics coming.

Comment

Thanks. Those lug nuts took a TON of concentration. they are .031" measured across from flat face to flat face. I only lost one. It was the last damn piece on the last wheel. So, there is one that is .025". Not bad 1 of 20
                That's nuts (pun intended)!!! I've been watching this and may have to get you to build a jeep for Jordan. I don't have the skills or patience to do that type of work, but I certainly have the ability to appreciate it and enjoy seeing the progress. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                  That's crazy detail, keep the pics coming.
                  Thanks. I'm hoping to have this thing wrapped up this weekend so that I can try and finish up a couple of other builds for the showdown.

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  That's nuts (pun intended)!!! I've been watching this and may have to get you to build a jeep for Jordan. I don't have the skills or patience to do that type of work, but I certainly have the ability to appreciate it and enjoy seeing the progress. Thanks for sharing!
                  You have no idea. It took me a couple of weeks to finally decide to go the machined aluminum route for the lug nuts. I have no doubt it was the right choice.

What kind of Jeep? I've got a Bronco working right now that is getting aftermarket wheels/tires, kind of a mild off road build. I'm hoping to have it done for the Showdown, though I had to strip the paint and start over. Everything has taken a back burner to this and all of my time is spent making sure this thing gets complete!

If anyone is wanting to see this thing in person, it will be on display at the MCMA Showdown in Farmers Branch on March 3rd.

Comment

That looks pretty awesome! Can I ask a critique question? With the amount of detail in the engine bay, rear end, brakes, etc, why scimp on something as simple as using the correct firing order for the plug wires? I don't mean any disrespect, it's just my OCD kicking in.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                      That looks pretty awesome! Can I ask a critique question? With the amount of detail in the engine bay, rear end, brakes, etc, why scimp on something as simple as using the correct firing order for the plug wires? I don't mean any disrespect, it's just my OCD kicking in.
                      Honestly, I didn't give it that much thought! When you put it like that, it does completely seem careless to not bother to wire it correctly!

Comment

What kind of Jeep? I've got a Bronco working right now that is getting aftermarket wheels/tires, kind of a mild off road build. I'm hoping to have it done for the Showdown, though I had to strip the paint and start over. Everything has taken a back burner to this and all of my time is spent making sure this thing gets complete!
                        Just a simple hardtop TJ. We have lifted it, put on a safari rack, LED bars, etc. We still have a few more things to work on it before he starts driving on his own (about 18 months now - scary and I'm getting old). I'll hit you up in a few months about it.

Comment

Honestly, I didn't give it that much thought! When you put it like that, it does completely seem careless to not bother to wire it correctly!

No worries, good luck with the show. You definitely have some serious detail and man hours in that car.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            No worries, good luck with the show. You definitely have some serious detail and man hours in that car.
                            Thanks. Ever since I read your post, I've contemplated fixing it. lol.

I'm hopeful for a good showing, we shall see.

Comment

Well, this will be the last progress update. The next pictures I post will be completed. Still a lot of little finishing details to do and touch ups to do, but all of the main sub assemblies are primarily complete.

Items remaining:

Install hood, make hood struts, and connect hood tethers
                              TV camera and radio antenna
                              Carb linkage and throttle cable/rod
                              Window braces
                              Steering wheel and radio wire
                              Lug studs
                              Front brake ducts
                              Finish hood pins
                              Miscellaneous nut/bolt detail and decals

I'm sure I've missed a thing or two on that list, either way, a few hours work and it is ready to go.

Comment

So. Very. Close.

I worked on it most of the day, hoping to finish it up. I still have a couple of hours of work :/

Comment

Working...
                                X