No announcement yet.

Do me a solid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen bird shot fuck some shit up before. If any of the props get hit that sucker is going down.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      I like it. what are you starting out with?
      Google searches, hot air, and pipe dreams..

I had to.. That was too good of a set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I've seen bird shot fuck some shit up before. If any of the props get hit that sucker is going down.
        Certainly....im not even certain of it's going to work because I don't know anything about the flight controllers on these.

But I will know if skeet shot is going to penetrate the armor or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Google searches, hot air, and pipe dreams..

I had to.. That was too good of a set-up.
          Haha...you may very well be correct...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Certainly....im not even certain of it's going to work because I don't know anything about the flight controllers on these.

But I will know if skeet shot is going to penetrate the armor or not.
            What do you have in mind for armor? What kind of ranges are you hoping to protect against?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              What do you have in mind for armor? What kind of ranges are you hoping to protect against?
              High strength aluminum and it will be directional (obviously) so an underbelly shot would kill it.

Im targeting a Low altitude approach angle, and the v50 ballistic limit for the hand calcs that I've done with ~8oz of armor is above muzzle velocity.

Edit: target range for the first test is 20 yards.

Comment

I'd like to see this. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  High strength aluminum and it will be directional (obviously) so an underbelly shot would kill it.

Im targeting a Low altitude approach angle, and the v50 ballistic limit for the hand calcs that I've done with ~8oz of armor is above muzzle velocity.

Edit: target range for the first test is 20 yards.
                  Set it up as a duel. Where the drone comes at the guy with the gun. Give the guy with the gun a helmet and something to protect his neck ( cut jugular). But make sure its hurts when it hits him. If he misses the drone. Pump 12 guage maybe? I'm open for options, but I think it should be pump
                  Kill or be killed kind of thing
                  If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sarge View Post
                    Set it up as a duel. Where the drone comes at the guy with the gun. Give the guy with the gun a helmet and something to protect his neck ( cut jugular). But make sure its hurts when it hits him. If he misses the drone. Pump 12 guage maybe? I'm open for options, but I think it should be pump
                    Kill or be killed kind of thing
                    As an AMA club president, former AMA safety officer, a somewhat public figure in the hobby, and an owner of many sharp spinnie things.... my only advice is that this will only end in tears, and maybe a lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      As an AMA club president, former AMA safety officer, a somewhat public figure in the hobby, and an owner of many sharp spinnie things.... my only advice is that this will only end in tears, and maybe a lawsuit.
                      Private property, waviers signed, we'll be okay. And I bet it gets alot of views!!! Haha, j/k

PM me btw, I have a airplane hanging in the garage I want to give you. Nothing special but I bet you could use the servos and running gear for parts. All it's doing is collecting dust. You will at least use it.
                      If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                        Thank you.
                        Best advice Iv heard was always be uploading. Dont think that you're not interesting enough for people to watch or that your not good enough at what you do. Iv learned that no matter how well you edit your videos it doesnt equal views/subs. the worst editing and dumbest video Iv done has gotten the most views(19million so far). And the most production value Iv tried to put into a video has hardly done shit.
                        Just start uploading vids. Find other Youtubers that you can collaborate with that have channels your size or bigger. just as long as the content is roughly the same. I had a girl wanting to start a makeup vlog channel that wanted to do a collaboration video and she couldnt understand why I said no. The hardest part about it is working really hard to constantly make videos and not getting the views/subs fast. When I first started I had 3-4 other guys I subbed to that just started channels also and they've all stopped uploading and given up because they werent getting views fast enough. Just upload and have fun with it. Make sure you show your personality in the videos. Straight forward, information only videos hardly ever do well.
                        I think its a fantastic way to make extra cash and to have fun. I love the fact that while Im typing this or when I was asleep last night I was still making money. Iv never had passive income and its freaking awesome. I can break my leg today and still make money the next month without doing anything.
                        What type of videos are thinking about uploading?
                        That's solid advice. I've had a few ideas but nothing worth pursuing at the moment.

Do you have to do anything to start making money other than get views and links clicked? I really know nothing about it... like if you have enough viewers and stuff do they just start putting money in your account? LOL sounds crazy but I really don't know.

Comment

I thought long and hard about scrapping this footage, but in the end I powered through the shame and think it turned out okay. It's funny if you listen closely through the video you can really hear the frustration building in our voices.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                            That's solid advice. I've had a few ideas but nothing worth pursuing at the moment.

Do you have to do anything to start making money other than get views and links clicked? I really know nothing about it... like if you have enough viewers and stuff do they just start putting money in your account? LOL sounds crazy but I really don't know.
                            You have to have 1000 subscribers and 4000 total watch hours on your channel in order to become a YouTube partner and be able to monitize your videos. Sounds like a lot but if you put in the work to make good videos and do collabs then you'll be there in 6-12months.

Comment

Well, I picked up 5 sheets of foam to use making rc planes on my CNC, SOOOO I celebrated the best way I know how.

Comment

Since this is a video thread. I just posted my first video to my facebook page. I haven't started a youtube channel yet. I need to set up a camera stand amd light rig first.

This was unedited and shot from my cell phone. Yes, I know, I sound like a hillbilly. Take number 3. I had a general idea of what I wanted to talk about, though it took 3 takes to get it all in there.

Facebook.com/lonestarmodelworks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X