Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 What makes the bible true - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    One would think that a god who made the universe would give more evidence of his existence than a book of stories written by man 2000yr ago. Hence the saying, "Blind faith is an ironic gift to the creator of human intelligence!"
    I dont believe that we have our beginnings figured out and maybe we never will but the notion that it happened as stated in the bible is naive and absurd.
    Evidence of His existence is all around you.....we call it Creation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      Good point. But some may not attribute the world around us to his creation.

Comment

Good point. But some may not attribute the world around us to his creation.
        Equally good point. That;s evidence of our free will.

Comment

Equally good point. That;s evidence of our free will.
          I stepped right into that pile of shit, didnt I?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
            Its not simply blasphemy, but blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Matt. 12:22-32 says, "Then there was brought to Him a demon-possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23And all the multitudes were amazed, and began to say, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" 24But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons." 25And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. 26"And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27"And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. 28"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit in its nature is a eternal sin. If someone rejects the evidence given by the Holy Spirit and credits it to Satan, he rejects the only evidence that faith can be based on. And without faith there is no forgiveness.

Peter blasphemed Christ with curses and was forgiven
            Mark 14:71
            But he began to invoke a curse on himself and to swear, “I do not know this man of whom you speak.”

John MsCarthur writes...
            Those who spoke against the Holy Spirit were those who saw His divine power working in and through Jesus but willfully refused to accept the implications of that revelation and, in some cases, attributed that power to Satan. Many people had heard Jesus teach and preach God’s truth, as no man had ever taught before (Matt. 7:28–29), yet they refused to believe Him. They had seen him heal every kind of disease, cast out every kind of demon, and forgive every kind of sin, yet they charged Him with deceit, falsehood, and demonism. In the face of every possible evidence of Jesus’ messiahship and deity, they said no. God could do nothing more for them, and they would therefore remain eternally unforgiven.
            John 10:30 (Jesus speaking to Jews)
            "I and my Father are one"
            1st Corinthians 3:16
            "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

Now that we've established that the father, son, and the holy ghost are the same being, we can move forward.

Mark 13 (speaking to James, John, and Andrew)
            24-27 "24But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, 25And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. "

We can see that the sun still shines, the stars are still "unfallen," and in all of recorded history the rapture has never happened.

Then Jesus says:

30 "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done."

Now that we've drawn this out, my conclusion:
            Deuteronomy 18:20-22
            But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Here with these passages we can establish Jesus as a false prophet. Since we've already established that the father, son, and holy ghost all as the same person, shouldn't we ignore all three? That's how it reads.

Originally posted by The King
            Prove that it was created and not formed through natural processes. Then prove that it was created by your god.

Remember the definitions of the words you use.

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

creation
            cre·a·tion
               /kriˈeɪʃən/ Show Spelled[kree-ey-shuhn] Show IPA
            –noun
            the act of producing or causing to exist; the act of creating; engendering.
            the fact of being created.
            something that is or has been created.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              John 10:30 (Jesus speaking to Jews)
              "I and my Father are one"
              1st Corinthians 3:16
              "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

Now that we've established that the father, son, and the holy ghost are the same being, we can move forward.
              Can you please make a point here cause I havent a clue as what you are trying to establish with this statement. Has nothing to do with blasphemy.
              Photobucket

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                Can you please make a point here cause I havent a clue as what you are trying to establish with this statement. Has nothing to do with blasphemy.
                2 things. 1) I showed, via the bible, that the father, the son, and the holy ghost are the same thing (the trinity.) So if you blaspheme against one, you blaspheme against them all. 2) I used that establishment to segway into the false prophet portion of my post.

I am a bit disappointed that I had to spell that out for you, one who has studied the bible.

Comment

2 things. 1) I showed, via the bible, that the father, the son, and the holy ghost are the same thing (the trinity.)

I am a bit disappointed that I had to spell that out for you, one who has studied the bible.
                  The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit are not the same thing. You obviously need to study the Bible a bit more. Here it is in a nutshell:

In the era recorded in the Old Testament, God spoke directly to individuals of His own choosing. Research Abram (Abraham), Noah, and Moses for examples. Following the Exodus, God dwelt in the Temple, specifically in the Holy of Holies in the Temple.

The Son was sent to reconcile mankind to God. Jesus, The Son, was one and the same with God, but unlike God lived among mankind, and suffered and died as a man. His death reconciled mankind to God, and His resurrection demonstrated that reconciliation.

The Holy Spirit lives in mankind today as a result of that reconciliation, and is the means by which mankind communicates with God, and God with mankind.

Are The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit interrelated? Absoluely. Are they one and the same? No.

Comment

The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit are not the same thing. You obviously need to study the Bible a bit more. Here it is in a nutshell:

In the era recorded in the Old Testament, God spoke directly to individuals of His own choosing. Research Abram (Abraham), Noah, and Moses for examples. Following the Exodus, God dwelt in the Temple, specifically in the Holy of Holies in the Temple.

The Son was sent to reconcile mankind to God. Jesus, The Son, was one and the same with God, but unlike God lived among mankind, and suffered and died as a man. His death reconciled mankind to God, and His resurrection demonstrated that reconciliation.

The Holy Spirit lives in mankind today as a result of that reconciliation, and is the means by which mankind communicates with God, and God with mankind.

Are The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit interrelated? Absoluely. Are they one and the same? No.
                    The King, you and I need to stay on topic. You and I were talking about evidence supporting god when you brought up creation. I asked for evidence. Are you saying you don't have any, or have you not finished typing up your answer yet?

Comment

2 things. 1) I showed, via the bible, that the father, the son, and the holy ghost are the same thing (the trinity.) So if you blaspheme against one, you blaspheme against them all. 2) I used that establishment to segway into the false prophet portion of my post.

Don't be disappointed. You haven't pointed out anything yet. And I have never claimed to be a Bible scholar, but I have a pretty good understanding, and it seems to me like you are grasping for straws.

How is it that you cant understand my previous scripture post?

Matt. 12:31
                      31"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

And what do you make of Peter in Mark 14:71 where he blasphemed Christ with curses and was forgiven.

I think its pretty clear.

Edit: And thanks King for helping with the trinity.
                      Last edited by BlackSnake; 05-21-2011, 08:32 PM.
                      Photobucket

Comment

The King, you and I need to stay on topic. You and I were talking about evidence supporting god when you brought up creation. I asked for evidence. Are you saying you don't have any, or have you not finished typing up your answer yet?
                        Actually I brought up Creation in response to Dr. Dave, not you. But since you asked again for evidence of Creation, reread my reply to him. My response has not changed.

For Scriptural evidence, I suggest starting with the first chapter of Genesis.

Comment

Actually I brought up Creation in response to Dr. Dave, not you. But since you asked again for evidence of Creation, reread my reply to him. My response has not changed.

You dont actually believe all that stuff written in the Old Testament, do you?

Comment

We covered Genesis in the first page. And you have given no evidence for creation, only that what can be seen exists.

Comment

You dont actually believe all that stuff written in the Old Testament, do you?
                              Of course I do. All that stuff written in the Old Testament tells the history of God's promise to mankind. The New Testament follows with the history of God's fulfillment of that promise. It's all or nothing in my opinion, and if one is a true believer then the Bible in it's entirety must be considered the Word of God.

Comment

Of course I do. All that stuff written in the Old Testament tells the history of God's promise to mankind. The New Testament follows with the history of God's fulfillment of that promise. It's all or nothing in my opinion, and if one is a true believer then the Bible in it's entirety must be considered the Word of God.
                                I believe that most of the stuff written in the New Testament is based on truth...not the supernatural stuff, but the characters involved. Now, the stuff in the Old Testament is way the hell out there...

Comment

Working...
                                X