Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to PattyMelt's House thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
    You have to have X amount of years experience to become a CPA (from their own website). Until then you just have to pass the test, but are not yet an actual CPA. Basically you can get a certificate if this is your career path, but you will not be an accredited CPA until you have the experience and will be listed with the State of Texas. Kind of like all the people at HR Block who are tax preparers calling themselves CPAs
    But wouldn't it still be listed on the State's website under a certain status? They have 15 different statuses of the license.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      But wouldn't it still be listed on the State's website under a certain status? They have 15 different statuses of the license.
      Their own site says he's taking the exam next year.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        that part there is why i have no sympathy for him, he calls out other peoples income when he was lying about his certification? (assuming he isn't actually cpa), pretty weak.
        I kind of regret starting this whole thing because I'm not a mean spirited person, but I just lost all respect for him. After he said that I knew his intentions were to pass himself off as a CPA. My friend who's a CPA works his fucking ass off, and got his master's as well!

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
          I kind of regret starting this whole thing because I'm not a mean spirited person, but I just lost all respect for him. After he said that I knew his intentions were to pass himself off as a CPA. My friend who's a CPA works his fucking ass off, and got his master's as well!
          I am a drug dealer. You caught me.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Because he probably gets enough flack from other people for saying daddy pays for everything. If he is going to be taking it in the immediate future and says he is one I don't see a huge problem with that. I will admit the fake or whatever cert was probably stretching it but I am sure a lot of it lies within him being anxious and always having dipshits like the guys on here saying daddy gives him everything.

He plans on taking it and works int hat environment. It is not some garbage man who is faking it and conning people from their money.

Again, I don't condone the fake shit at all but I am sure some of that is fueled from the constant haters.
            You ask for shit when you post blueprints of a "big" house you're building in Southlake with your own money and you supposedly drive a lambo and you're a CPA, self-made man, you make more in 2 days than some other member makes in 10 years, blah, blah. Then, it turns out you're a book keeper at your daddy's CPA firm. Yeah, almost the same thing. haha. This is especially true when you post on DFW Mustangs about all of that crap.

I hope he's learned a valuable lesson about not lying in person or on the internet because it will catch up with you. I've learned many lessons in my 34 years of life and this is a cheap lesson for him.

Our CPA firm who does work for the company I'm at is run by a son who took over from his father and he has a great CPA practice and does a great job and does very well for himself and for our company. This kid has the same opportunity and he just needs to keep learning and growing and not try to be something he isn't YET. Okay, off my box.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              His status is not a CPA as he hasn't taken the test yet, per his father's firm website.

He got a certificate for completing the requirements to be a candidate to take the CPA exam (which follows the State's requirements as stated on the form).

Comment

Originally posted by pattymelt3605 View Post
                I am a drug dealer. You caught me.
                if these guy are wrong you should just clear it up versus a sarcastic remark.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                  if these guy are wrong you should just clear it up versus a sarcastic remark.
                  We're not wrong and he's not a CPA. I would bet a lot of money on that being a fact.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

if that is true then drug dealer he is not, just dishonest

Comment

I see the thread what are you talking aout Willis??
                      http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9693

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                        You ask for shit when you post blueprints of a "big" house you're building in Southlake with your own money and you supposedly drive a lambo and you're a CPA, self-made man, you make more in 2 days than some other member makes in 10 years, blah, blah. Then, it turns out you're a book keeper at your daddy's CPA firm. Yeah, almost the same thing. haha. This is especially true when you post on DFW Mustangs about all of that crap.

I hope he's learned a valuable lesson about not lying in person or on the internet because it will catch up with you. I've learned many lessons in my 34 years of life and this is a cheap lesson for him.

Our CPA firm who does work for the company I'm at is run by a son who took over from his father and he has a great CPA practice and does a great job and does very well for himself and for our company. This kid has the same opportunity and he just needs to keep learning
                        and growing and not try to be something he isn't YET. Okay, off my box.
                        Again, I hear what you are saying but your posts smells of jealousy. I don't recall anywhere in his post where he was "building his house with his money". He posted the blue prints. The comment about him making more in 2 days than he does in 10 years is after the constant jealousy remarks.

When this is all said it doesn't affect me. I don't condone what he did and I doubt he really cares. In the end he is still going home to a baller house in a Lambo and I am sure one day soon will be a CPA. Then at that point haters will still be here whinning about how his daddy got him there.

Yawns..
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
                          Do what makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Personally, if I had the scratch to buy extravagant things I would not be truthful about what I do. I would use some alias of making money.

He has his dad's truth to work with.

In the end it doesn't matter, now, does it?
                          I think this board honestly has a pretty tight nitch group of members, and we end up trusting people on this board more easily than we may otherwise. If you were going to have a CPA do your books for your small home or private business would you want someone who's on here lying through their teeth? I sure as hell wouldn't, and I would want to know if there was some bulshit going on so I didn't fall into that trap. I wouldn't let someone like that do my measly military pay tax returns... he was acting like a scumbag before he posted the certificate which I never saw

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                          Because he probably gets enough flack from other people for saying daddy pays for everything. If he is going to be taking it in the immediate future and says he is one I don't see a huge problem with that. I will admit the fake or whatever cert was probably stretching it but I am sure a lot of it lies within him being anxious and always having dipshits like the guys on here saying daddy gives him everything. I am sure he wants some self entitlement for his struggles and what not and not have everything go to his dads credit... I am sure even after he gets his CPA and excels in life on his own he will still be discredited and have people tell him daddy got him there.

He plans on taking it and works in that environment. It is not some garbage man who is faking it and conning people from their money.

Again, I don't condone the fake shit at all but I am sure some of that is fueled from the constant haters.

As for your first sentence, yes I take pride in everything I do.
                          I totally get the flack part, but that's life bud. I don't condone that shit... that someone's character and true colors show in their times of stress/weakness/discomfort... and his weren't good.

Its not an excuse at all. I have people I know who came from "chase" banks, and their family owns probably 50% of the commercial property in my town. But you know what? They are honest and respectable people... not trying to lie and tell you they got somewhere on their own. They would be the first to tell you their father built the foundation for where they are today.

Comment

You guys caught me, I am unemployed and I really don't have a Lambo or a house.

Comment

Originally posted by pattymelt3605 View Post
                              You guys caught me, I am unemployed and I really don't have a Lambo or a house.
                              skirting around the issue a bit much?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                                His status is not a CPA as he hasn't taken the test yet, per his father's firm website.

He got a certificate for completing the requirements to be a candidate to take the CPA exam (which follows the State's requirements as stated on the form).
                                I'm looking at it right now. It has a license number issued. It would still be listed on the tsbpa with "Limited Scope" status or something.

I don't know for sure, which status would it fall under?

Comment

Working...
                                X