Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

By the numbers: What does the Super Bowl cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the numbers: What does the Super Bowl cost?

Sarah Blaskovich, Pegasus News

Super Bowl XLV is going to be the biggest tourism weekend that North Texas has ever seen. Organizers of all kinds are making sure it's one for the history books.

Is everything bigger in Texas? Here's a study of the numbers associated with this year's Super Bowl:

150,000 visitors are expected to come to North Texas for Super Bowl-related events, according to TxDOT. A whopping 250,000 are expected at the NFL Experience, the theme park at the Dallas Convention Center.
    The average Super Bowl ticket is going for about $4,000 on Stub Hub, with the highest ticket offered at $645,899 for a Hall of Fame suite ticket. (Parking not included.)
    Face value for tickets is $600-$1,200, the NFL confirmed, though a seat outside the stadium in the "party zone" goes for $200 each. They're only available in four packs, so we'll call it $800.
    800 buses, 1,200 cabs, 500 limos, and 600 corporate planes will be used to transport people coming in for the big game, according to the Dallas Business Journal.
    There have been reports that Jerry Jones hopes to break the Super Bowl record, which could be reached if more than 104,000 people attend the game at Cowboys Stadium. The building itself is 3 million square feet, which means that each person gets 28.8 square feet to themselves, should they spread out evenly in the stadium. (We know that would never actually happen, but it's fun to think about.)
    Many parking lot spots are going for $500 each, including the one in this Craigslist post.
    The cheapest event related to the Super Bowl is, well, free. The most expensive is $25,000 for a seat to the Prince concert. (The cheapies go for $1,500 at the Prince concert.) Not to be outdone, it's also $25,000 for the Diddy party. It's $10,000 for a seat at Aces and Angels and $8,000 to attend XLV Party. (NOTE: Prices vary; some seats for the above events are less expensive depending on the seat.)
    A slightly cheaper way to be at the game -- though you'll have to bear just as much traffic -- is the $495-$725 seats to the NFL Alumni Game Day Super Party.
    And we don't know how much Playmates usually cost, but around the Super Bowl, it's $500-$750 to see Pamela Anderson. (Or for these models, priceless.) Bowling with a celebrity, though slightly less glamorous, will cost you $300.
    Moms seem to go for more than dads: Dinner with NFL moms is $100; lunch with NFL dads is $75. Or is it the difference in meal time that makes up that $25?
    And finally, you can rent a house in Arlington for the Super Bowl for $18,000. A three-bedroom in Southlake goes for quite a bit cheaper -- $5,000. But the granddaddy of them all is this tailgating trailer for $800. You can't sleep in it, but you can play Corn Hole all day.
    Free fo my po ass.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    free fo my po ass.
    you can't sleep in it, but you can play corn hole all day.
    wtf?!
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
      wtf?!
      Damn you're a steeler fan and never heard of corn hole? It's a bean bag game that you throw them in a hole across from you. I've never heard of it either but lasr year at TMS my buddy from Ohio brought that game out there. Pretty cool drinking game we made out of it.
      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
        Damn you're a steeler fan and never heard of corn hole? It's a bean bag game that you throw them in a hole across from you. I've never heard of it either but lasr year at TMS my buddy from Ohio brought that game out there. Pretty cool drinking game we made out of it.
        I figured that's what it was. I have only played with washers.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          I figured that's what it was. I have only played with washers.
          We user dryers instead, they are a little lighter to throw.

Comment

Costs even more now.

Comment

And people are still complaining. I think that's more than reasonable. Funny how very few of these articles mention that 800 of the fans were placed in other seats, most of which better than the ones they had, and the NFL and Dallas employees and families had to give those seats up in order to make it possible.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Las Vegas Motor Speedway is now offering free tickets to one of their races to any of those 800 Super Bowl ticket holders. Wow, the deal just keeps getting sweeter for these whiny fucks.

Comment

Lawsuit:

Comment

I want something for nothing...entitlement bitches... sucks you got burned by an error.. but damn 5 mil?? after everything else that has been offered? you're in a cheap seat... the nfl offered tickets to ANY superbowl as long as your the one to request them...Chances are you're fairly young and your team will reach the big game again... go to it when it happens..

Comment

Working...
                    X