beginner welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good deal..

Most garages don't have 220, BUT if your dryer is gas and not using the 220, you can re-route that line to the garage since its not being used.. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      This is a good deal..

Most garages don't have 220, BUT if your dryer is gas and not using the 220, you can re-route that line to the garage since its not being used.. Just a thought.
      Dryer plugs are normally 30A, that welder is most likely going to be 50A. I've ran my 211 on a 30A breaker with a 50A receptacle before with no problems, but I've routinely blown the 30A breaker with my stick welder so i finally swapped out breaker for a 50A.
      It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Heres another decent deal.

Comment

I don't weld but i'm subscribed to this guy on youtube. I have family members who weld for a living and they've learned a lot from this guy.

Clear Arc Shots and Plain Talk to help you Pass a Test, Fix Stuff, Build Stuff, Get a Raise, Build a Better Life. Disclaimer: These videos are intended for entertainment and inspiration. Welding is dangerous. Always seek professional advice and training before using welding equipment. If you have any uncertainty before performing any welding task, stop and learn a safer method. Do not attempt welding simply because you saw it in one of my videos. Download ANSI z49.1 and read it before doing any welding. you can download ansi z49.1 at aws.org Summary: be smart, use common sense, and respect electricity and welding equipment.
          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by jtm98snake View Post
            Miller 211 all the way. Runs on 110v and 220v get a bottle of shielding gas and you're up and running.
            I'll quote this again. This is the machine I have. It is pretty heavy at 70-80 pounds but works great. I am a bit of a novice welder too. What I have learned is that 90% of it is in the set up and the cleanliness.

If you want a great set of youtube videos, search weldingtipsandtricks, that guy knows his shit.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Nice little 110 welder with a bottle...

Comment

Working...
              X