Let's talk zero turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zemog View Post
    We bought a JD for the ranch a few years ago, worst zero turn I've ever owned, hydraulics suck, broken welds ( first year ) other problems with the clutch etc..
    Bought a gravely and a hustler at an estate sale and one of my mowing crews used them both all year with no problems, still working today . That's 90 lawns per week. Just FYI, I will never buy a commercial for my home lawn again, the residential ones will work fine. I will buy a gravely though, the blade speed was how my bunton ran, only mower with that blade speed I'd ever seen.
    What specific model did you buy? I know a few folks with the commercial type JDs with no issues. They paid a price for them, but they have 0 issues mowing in anything but rocks. Once guy tore up bat weights and other solid materials with little no impact to the mower itself.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      What specific model did you buy? I know a few folks with the commercial type JDs with no issues. They paid a price for them, but they have 0 issues mowing in anything but rocks. Once guy tore up bat weights and other solid materials with little no impact to the mower itself.
      Interested as well. The HD version JD zero turns seem cheaply made. The Z915 is a damn tank. Hard to imagine any of these welds breaking as thick as they are. He's not but maybe 20 hours in yet but no issues whatsoever.

The foot lift is a great feature and very rugged.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

JD and Cub Cadet make some shitty low end zeros. What ever you get just make sure it has a welded deck not stamped. I have a Gravely HD 48 and beat it like a mule. 5 years and zero issues. I run into shit, power slide it, mow at like 7 mph, push stumps around etc. Takes me about a 30-40 minutes to mow a acre. I have changed the oil, filter and plugs once, and I sharpen the blades once or twice a year.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Went to my local dealer at lunch and checked out a hustler raptor limited. They are running them at $31XX, free delivery, and 0%. Any reason not to do that?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Should be fine for your place
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              It was a commercial mowed 60" deck etc . Don't have model number , mower was over 10k and that was probably 6-8 years ago

Comment

I actually bought this one to see how it compared to my toro commercial zero turns. Today I would buy a gravely though over anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  Went to my local dealer at lunch and checked out a hustler raptor limited. They are running them at $31XX, free delivery, and 0%. Any reason not to do that?
                  Acreage on new place?

I'm still looking.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I looked it up and not really a fan. Look at how the deck connects and look at the gear boxes. Go to the mower place on business 287 in Hachie and eyeball the Gravely. Not the bottom line Gravley the mid priced. You might be out another 5-700. Don't get me wrong that one may last you a while. Plus you're not exactly mowing any crazy land mass with lots of terrain variations. My buddy has a cub cadet and it has served him well, mowing around his house, and even his six acres at one time. That Hustler looks built better than his.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                      It was a commercial mowed 60" deck etc . Don't have model number , mower was over 10k and that was probably 6-8 years ago
                      Ya, you know how that goes...sometimes things just don't work out. That's a lot of cheddar for a mower too.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                        Acreage on new place?

I'm still looking.
                        1 acre.

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        I looked it up and not really a fan. Look at how the deck connects and look at the gear boxes. Go to the mower place on business 287 in Hachie and eyeball the Gravely. Not the bottom line Gravley the mid priced. You might be out another 5-700. Don't get me wrong that one may last you a while. Plus you're not exactly mowing any crazy land mass with lots of terrain variations. My buddy has a cub cadet and it has served him well, mowing around his house, and even his six acres at one time. That Hustler looks built better than his.
                        it's a grand more. Not sure I can stomach that, I dropped 25k on the shop build monday...
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

1 acre.

it's a grand more. Not sure I can stomach that, I dropped 25k on the shop build monday...
                          I am sure the Hustler will be fine. Get a 48 if it is cheaper. That's what I have and 30 to 45 minutes max to mow mine, it just fits in places better.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Update on this, I ended up with a scag liberty z 52" deck with the kohler 24 hp engine. They thing is a beast!! I have 2.33 acres, and can mow it in just over an hour with a really nice finish!! Spent a bit more then I wanted to but with it having a 5 year warranty, it fit the bill. I expect this thing to last me forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              Update on this, I ended up with a scag liberty z 52" deck with the kohler 24 hp engine. They thing is a beast!! I have 2.33 acres, and can mow it in just over an hour with a really nice finish!! Spent a bit more then I wanted to but with it having a 5 year warranty, it fit the bill. I expect this thing to last me forever.
                              Pictures?

Comment

For some reason it won't let me attach pictures from my phone. I'll try later when I get to a computer.

Comment

Working...
                                X