No announcement yet.

No display after build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull the gpu, boot off the on board video and see if you get display.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      Pull the gpu, boot off the on board video and see if you get display.
      we tried that too- same issue. I'm about to scrap this project and go the Ibuy power route and be done

Comment

Start from scratch, pull it all off, cooler included, reseat the cpu, test post. If it beeps, count the beeps and reference the manual, then try again with a single dimm, rinse, repeat.

Then too, the mobo could be bad. If this is your first build and you're not careful about ESD, you could have inadvertently damaged the mobo with static during handling.

I wish you were closer, I'm off from FedEx this week and could look at it, but I can't make the haul to Midlothian.

Comment

Sounds like a mobo problem like TXRed is stating.
          sigpic

Comment

Shit happened to me, turned out to be a bad DIMM slot. RMA'ed the board, and they sent me one with bent CPU socket pins, which resulted in the same behavior. Check all that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              Shit happened to me, turned out to be a bad DIMM slot. RMA'ed the board, and they sent me one with bent CPU socket pins, which resulted in the same behavior. Check all that stuff.
              This. I've had similar results with bad DIMM slot or bad memory.

Comment

Here's your pc. http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec...report=Summary

Comment

Thank you sir for all the help!!

Comment

gigabyte is shit. Every one of their mobos has shit the bed on me.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      gigabyte is shit. Every one of their mobos has shit the bed on me.
                      I've had great luck with them and this instance wasn't a bad mobo. Rather, the mobo was made before the generation of cpu he purchased and needed a bios update to support it. I didn't have a 6th gen Intel, so he'd would have had to send it to Gigabyte to have it flashed, asked around and hope someone had one they could flash it with, or ask the PoS if they had one they could use and flash it. In the end, it was more expedient and better choice to just get a different mobo and return the original(second for the build actually).

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        I've had great luck with them and this instance wasn't a bad mobo. Rather, the mobo was made before the generation of cpu he purchased and needed a bios update to support it. I didn't have a 6th gen Intel, so he'd would have had to send it to Gigabyte to have it flashed, asked around and hope someone had one they could flash it with, or ask the PoS if they had one they could use and flash it. In the end, it was more expedient and better choice to just get a different mobo and return the original(second for the build actually).
                        I've had three in total, first one they forgot solder joints on the onboard audio, causing an intermittent short. The second one had a PCI-E slot that was misaligned so my GPU's interfered with each other, burning one of them out. The last Gigabyte I had would randomly flash the CMOS when you plugged a USB device in.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've had three in total, first one they forgot solder joints on the onboard audio, causing an intermittent short. The second one had a PCI-E slot that was misaligned so my GPU's interfered with each other, burning one of them out. The last Gigabyte I had would randomly flash the CMOS when you plugged a USB device in.
                          Hahaha, WTF!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Hahaha, WTF!?
                            Yes, it sucked. That was my replacement board, too.

Comment

Yes, it sucked. That was my replacement board, too.
                              On the other side of the spectrum, I had always heard ASUS boards and ASUS support was phenomenal. In my current build, I set it all up, and the damn thing kept dying on me, which is when I found the dead DIMM slot. I RMA'ed the board, and they sent me back a replacement (refurbished, of course) that had bent CPU socket pins. It took me three weeks hitting up support and finally blasting them on facebook for them to send me a new one.

Comment

I will be honest, since an intel board about 14 years ago, I have never had a mobo work 100% correctly. They stuff so much shit on these boards they never make sure everything works right. I have an Asus board now, and it won't throttle fans. Also, the onboard audio will not work unless the system is powered off completely. If you reset it, the audio doesn't work. Every board is like this in some way, dumbass problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X