4k Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    ultra wide doesn't take away it only adds.
    Yea, 34* is the the equivalent of a tradition 27" in height, with extra viewing on the sides.

I can't go back to a regular 16:9 monitor.

How is pubg? I was thinking of grabbing it, but dropped my money on Destiny 2 instead.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      ultra wide doesn't take away it only adds.
      Unless you have a 4k monitor and you're losing the top and bottom.. I'm hope you guys know I'm just being tongue in cheek here.

Last edited by CJ; 08-31-2017, 07:08 AM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's just a representation of total pixel count, not viewable area. This is a 28" viewable area compared to 34" viewable area.

You can jam all the pixels you want in that 28", I still prefer the slightly less piexels, but larger viewable area of the 34".

I tried a 4k 28" for about 3 days shy of the return policy of Fry's, and never could bring myself to prefer it. I didn't like losing the wide angle.

Again, just personal preference, but the wider viewing area, especially for 1st/3rd person shooters, is a preference for me over total pixel count.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          That's just a representation of total pixel count, not viewable area. This is a 28" viewable area compared to 34" viewable area.

You can jam all the pixels you want in that 28", I still prefer the slightly less piexels, but larger viewable area of the 34".

I tried a 4k 28" for about 3 days shy of the return policy of Fry's, and never could bring myself to prefer it. I didn't like losing the wide angle.

Again, just personal preference, but the wider viewing area, especially for 1st/3rd person shooters, is a preference for me over total pixel count.
          Well you're assuming people are using a 28" screen. If it's a 36" screen are you really gaining anything? And on that, is peripheral viewing more beneficial than that same data in a more concentrated area within your sight? No matter the argument 21:9 contains less density and data. I do play games, but rarely. I do like the ultra wide for that application, primarily because the lower res yields higher framerares. But, 90% of my use is for work. And I can fit a shit ton of work on a 4k screen, it's amazing.
          Last edited by CJ; 08-31-2017, 11:41 AM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            But, 90% of my use is for work. And I can fit a shit ton of work on a 4k screen, it's amazing.
            I know this is a gaming thread, but a quick digression: for work do you prefer a single 4k screen over dual 1080 screens?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
              I know this is a gaming thread, but a quick digression: for work do you prefer a single 4k screen over dual 1080 screens?
              I use both and definitely a 4k screen. Four full size 1080p screens will fit on one 4k monitor. I would suggest a large 4k monitor though if you're going to be working it. I spend a lot of my time in fusion 360, with a web browser and sling running off to the side. In fusion 360 I can have nearly the entire toolgroup expanded when it's full screen. The only downside is if you're gaming, you lose the ability to have a desktop on your other screen. Ive considered buying a second cheap 4k screen for that.

Comment

Working...
              X