New Phone: LG V20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Phone: LG V20

So after almost 4 years of constant use my LG G2 died (boot loop), fuck fixing a 4 year old phone. I was able to get an iPhone 5 from a friend as a temp phone while I decided what to do and even though I really tried to be open to iOS I hated it.

I liked the G2, so I figured I would try to stick with another LG product but I didnt want to plop down $700 for a new G6. I ran across a deal for unlocked V20s for $350 shipped. I tried to do a bit of research first but I figured fuck it and ordered it (30 day return policy).

I just got it today and so far I'm impressed. The camera is good. Better than my girlfriends iPhone 6+. Probably not the best ever but she was impressed. She's big on social media and she thought this could replace her iPhone go pro combination.

The battery is gigantic and removable.

It came with 64gb of storage plus an SD slot do its far ahead of most phones.

Pluses, Giant removable battery (haven't been able to test the endurance yet). Expandable memory. Good camera with regular and wide lenses. Camera has manual mode and infinity settings for those who want to fuck with it. Android without bloatware (on this unlocked version). 2nd screen with notifications and stuff is pretty decent. Cheap cheap cheap for a "premium" phone.

Cons, I wish the body to screen ratio was higher. Its better than an iPhone but less than my old G2 or new Galaxies. Not great looking. Requires lots of setup to optimize but that's the greatness of Android.

Anyway, I'm sure someone here will say this phone sucks or whatever but I thought I'd share for people that want a good phone for not a lot of cash.

As I spend more time with the phone I'll update if anyone gives a fuck.
    Last edited by Torinoman; 09-09-2017, 08:59 AM.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

New phones are always cool, I try to get one about every 4 years as well. By the time 4 years passes, a phone is pretty well worn out anyway. Screen is a bit scratched, buttons kind are kind of shitty. I wish they would always keep that brand new battery state though. For a week, the battery seems awesome. Like it takes forever to finally need to be charged, but then that goes away and its back to like 2 or 3 days.
    WH

Comment

Just noticed the tags, lol. I asked SVO to fix it but he didnt have the time. Boot loop means it would turn off and then try to boot up. Before it would boot up it would die again and then try to boot up and die. Thus it would get stuck in a loop where it's trying to boot up. A boot loop.

Gasser, yeah new phones are fun. Maybe I'm just excited about a new phone. I know at the very least this is a good phone that would work for most people and just wanted to share since almost everyone here is a Samsung galaxie or iphone nuthugger.

Comment

I like LG devices and have not been affected by the bloop bug, but here's info that might benefit you. https://www.xda-developers.com/one-c...o-arbitration/

Comment

I got the V20 the day it came out last october and i love it more than any Galaxy or iPhone i ever had.

Expandable memory, wide angle camera and removable battery were my big selling points.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            I like LG devices and have not been affected by the bloop bug, but here's info that might benefit you. https://www.xda-developers.com/one-c...o-arbitration/
            My old G2 was not part of the class action, but glad to see the V20 is... Ugh. Hopefully I won't have any issues.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            I got the V20 the day it came out last october and i love it more than any Galaxy or iPhone i ever had.

Expandable memory, wide angle camera and removable battery were my big selling points.
            Yeah, I really like it so far. My gf wants to ditch her iphone 6+ and get one too.

Comment

Working...
            X