How do you have your 10/22 modded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you have your 10/22 modded?

So after shooting a few hundred rounds of .22 LR yesterday with my nephews I have the idea of modding mine a little. I have a plain ole' Tasco Red Dot with no magnification on it. Not sure if I want to upgrade the scope, barrel, or stock first. Anyway just wanted to see how others have theirs configured so I can get some ideas.

Volquartsen Erry thang.

Comment

i own two. Both of them are stock as they came out of the box. I want to put a scope on the newer one . Mine are truck guns that shoot the animals i catch in traps. I was really surprised with the out of the box accuracy on the new one.

Comment

Kidd auto bolt release and bolt buffer, threaded stainless 16.5in bull barrel, 3x9 scope, Aftermarket charging handle and mag release, and a custom stock. Only other thing I plan on is to polish the bolt, it's already a tack driver.

Comment

The older I get the more I appreciate a stock gun with a nice solid wood stock.

Comment

How about some pictures to? I guess I need to add an aftermarket mag release as the stock one is sorta PITA.

Comment

I don't post pics of my stuff out of fear of ridicule.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                How about some pictures to? I guess I need to add an aftermarket mag release as the stock one is sorta PITA.
                Get the volquartsen trigger group. You won't regret it.

Comment

I enjoy them, I have about $150 invested in mine on top of the cost. I did most of the work myself, tried to keep it as cheap as possible. Did a tapco polymer stock, cut/threaded barrel to 16", chamfered and jeweled the bolt, polished the charging handle, clark custom trigger, removed paint from receiver and brushed finished, replaced polymer FCG with a metal one. Stripped the FCG paint and brushed to match the receiver, did bolt hold open/release mod, and a red dot. I think there is more in there I just can't remember.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My Son's is all tacticooled out. He likes it and that's all I care about!

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

shitty cell picture:

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        shitty cell picture:

Did you jewel it yourself?

Comment

Bolt looks awesome CJ.
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                            Bolt looks awesome CJ.
                            Pencil eraser with some valve lapping compound in the drill press. Drop the press every 2 rotations on the slide vise. Easy smeasy.

Comment

I may have to try that! Or better yet, get my son to help me out and let him do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X