No announcement yet.

Rangers 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darvish is kind of a conundrum. I've watched this guy pitch nearly every game of his major league career and I can't really explain what exactly I don't like about him - but there is something I don't like. I know that sounds fucking stupid, but I don't know else to explain it. I get the feeling he's out there doing whatever the fuck he wants, not listening to the catcher, pitching coaches, etc. I have no proof at all, but I do get that feeling that he's kind of doing his own shit, all the time. It seems like he's either elite, or he's pedestrian as shit. Either way, this isn't the feeling Dodgers fans get when they watch Kershaw, or Nationals fans when they watch Scherzer. Is Yu Darvish an ace? Kinda? Sometimes? For a reasonable amount I would keep him. For ace money, fire him into the sun. If we can get top 10 talent, get rid of him.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's actually a pretty accurate description. He's a 5 pitch stud with amazing stuff.... but he can't even string together 5 or 6 innings together often enough to get Ws. I'd rather watch guys with less talent work hard and use their skills and mind to scratch out a W like most major league pitchers have to. Yu is too much like an Allen iverson.... so much talent, but damn....

Beltre 2992!!!! About to buy a bunch of tickets and hope I can see 3k.

Comment

After thinking about it, I feel like Darvish is exactly what we see. I do not see him getting any better than what we see. I do not feel he is the kind of guy that will work with coaches to improve himself. He'll get 12 K's in a game and lose.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

IMO Darvish needs to go...he never wins games...he is a 5 inning pitcher
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

If we trade Darvish I want someone like Cody Bellinger. It'll take some cash or prospects but the Rangers really haven't had a first basemen since the Teixeira trade. He'd solve that problem for the next 4-5 years.

We have an option for Napoli again next year but how many .200 hitters can we field? Elvis has a higher OPS and slugging percentage this year.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              If we trade Darvish I want someone like Cody Bellinger. It'll take some cash or prospects but the Rangers really haven't had a first basemen since the Teixeira trade. He'd solve that problem for the next 4-5 years.

We have an option for Napoli again next year but how many .200 hitters can we field? Elvis has a higher OPS and slugging percentage this year.
              This will be Elvis's career year, if I were to guess. Squandered. Napoli is a nice right handed bat, but he's average is dog shit right now. He is getting better though. Gallo will hit a ton of bombs but probably be a career .225 hitter if I were to guess. I think it's too early to quit on Gallo right now but I like the idea of getting a quality hitter. I worry Mazara is going to be the second coming of Moreland - ridiculous for a month out of the season, then disappointing the rest.

Comment

Yeah, that Gallo kid sucks.

Comment

Beltre 2993 and counting. First ballot HoFer. Enjoy.

Comment

One final fuck you from Darvish.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Pretty much. I can't think of a bigger disappointment to DFW sports since Shawn Bradley.

Did we just get Chan Ho Park'd again?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        Wow, what an asshole!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

2996 and I have tickets for Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday! Monday I have best seats and real printed season ticket.... if he does it then.

Comment

I'm hoping he can stretch it to Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              Did we just get Chan Ho Park'd again?
                              We paid Park $42 million over 3 seasons, netting us a 22-23 record. Darvish was paid $56 million over 6 seasons. Through that time he had a 52-39 record and was an All Star 4 times. That and he missed an entire season due to TJ surgery.

Park cost 40% more per season on average and that was in 15 year ago dollars. It's not really a comparison at all. Making it even worse though Park was in a rotation with Kenny Rogers, RA Dickey and Chris Young. He was at best a #3 starter probably more like a #4 but was making more than 5x what our #1 guy was. For reference Bartolo Colon won the AL Cy Young in 2005 and his salary was $10 million, Chris Carpenter won the NL award with a 21-5 record and was paid $2 million. Park was paid more than both Cy Young winners combined.

Comment

Okay I concede Chan Ho was worse, but Darvish has never lived up to the hype either and he is still way over paid.

Comment

Working...
                                X