No announcement yet.

What's your favorite compact EDC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabelas has the LCP2 for $269.99 right now. Personally I hate shooting .380s though and much prefer my Shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      the have less capacity, heavy recoil, expensive ammo, leave your pinky hanging, do it all pistol
      more capacity then the xds or 43 that has been mentioned....hit the gym if u think the recoil is too much....and u do know about grip extensions right? smh

Comment

I enjoy my Khar CW9. I carry it or my Ruger LCP. I have Crossbreeds for both of them, IWB. The LCP is my main go to in shorts and shirt. If I am wearing a little more clothes I was carrying the CW9.

I've got a Springfield XD9 subcompact with a Crossbreed holster too. I might start carrying it now that I have lost some weight.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
          the have less capacity, heavy recoil, expensive ammo, leave your pinky hanging, do it all pistol
          Aww... tactical tape assholeface saying nothing yet again...

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            Looking to pick up something to add to the arsenal at the gun show this weekend. I carry a Sig P938 or a Ruger LCP. I was thinking of getting something in the CZ lineup, but not sure. If you could pick up any compact with a reasonable price tag, what would it be?
            Just curious, but is there a reason you are looking to add to the the other two? I mean, is there something that you are looking for that those don't provide? I have actually been considering a P938.. Leah has the P238 (and I used to have one) and really liked those.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Just curious, but is there a reason you are looking to add to the the other two? I mean, is there something that you are looking for that those don't provide? I have actually been considering a P938.. Leah has the P238 (and I used to have one) and really liked those.
              I love my P938, only looking for more toys. For some reason I'm obsessed with carry-size semi autos right now.

Here's my P938, fresh back from Cerekoting and with a shiny new trigger I installed:

Hard to see, but it's FDE with Patriot Brown.

Comment

Good to hear that you guys like your XDS 9mm. Im thinking of picking up that or a subcompact for a carry. Looking for something a little smaller than the XD45 compact I have been carrying.

Comment

So right now I'm going to keep my eye out for either a Kimber Ultra Carry, or a CZ Rami.

Comment

So right now I'm going to keep my eye out for either a Kimber Ultra Carry, or a CZ Rami.
                    If buying the Ultra Carry used, I would try to meet at a gun range to go through a box of ammo if possible. I've owned three of them, and had one that was totally unreliable, so it might be worth taking the extra trouble to make sure of what you are buying.

Comment

I love my P938, only looking for more toys. For some reason I'm obsessed with carry-size semi autos right now.

Here's my P938, fresh back from Cerekoting and with a shiny new trigger I installed:

I'm digging that. What trigger did you go with? I'm guessing it's aftermarket and you didn't just simply have the stock one polished.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        If buying the Ultra Carry used, I would try to meet at a gun range to go through a box of ammo if possible. I've owned three of them, and had one that was totally unreliable, so it might be worth taking the extra trouble to make sure of what you are buying.
                        Wow, that's unbecoming of Kimber. I'll make sure and do that. The UC isn't cheap. I plan to look for a new one at the gun show, but I doubt I'll find a good enough deal on one to pull the trigger (pun intended).

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        I'm digging that. What trigger did you go with? I'm guessing it's aftermarket and you didn't just simply have the stock one polished.
                        This is the trigger I went with:

It's a nice piece. The stock one was plastic, which was suprising cause I would have sworn it was aluminum. One warning about replacing the trigger on these: The trigger pin is damn near impossible to get out on some of them, mine being one of the unlucky ones. I took it to a machine shop with a press, and a gun smith, neither could get it. I ended up putting the frame in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour, and it finally came out, after much hammering. Unfortunately, I damaged the frame a bit from punch slips. In the pic you can see the divot I had machined out around the trigger pin before I had it cerekoted. So now I can say it's been heat treated, and machined for lighter weight

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Ended up getting an XDS 9mm

Comment

Don't forget to take advantage of the Springfield Gear Up promotion going on in February.
                              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                                Don't forget to take advantage of the Springfield Gear Up promotion going on in February.
                                First thing I did. What a deal. Gun was only $377 at the gun show, comes with 2 mags and extra fiber optics. 4 free mags and free holster on the way thanks to the gear up promo. Already put 50 rounds through it. Shot flawless and accurate.

And holy shit that pic I posted is huge.

Comment

Working...
                                X