Last fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last fuel pump question

Well I swapped the relay in the fenderwell and now I can get the pump to prime but I have to turn the key all the way, it does nothing in that first position. When I turn it all the way it will prime then shut itself off just like it would in the 1st position. Anyone ever have this issue???

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Is your ignition switch good?

Comment

i believe so, how can i test it?

Comment

I'm not sure. You should be able to find something online. But your ecu controls the fuel pump, the ecu gets 12v, 12v key on, and 12v key in crank only from the ignition switch. It sounds like you may have the 12v key in crank only wired to the trigger let of the relay. Hopefully this helps you some.

Comment

Thanks for the direction

Comment

Swapped the ignition swtich and still nothing, i can hear a click inside the car when i turn the key but still no fuel pump

Comment

I may have some free time one night this week and I can grab a multi tester and head your way to help you get it going.

You gonna get raped bro :-)
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Cool let me know in free any day after 5

Comment

Did you replace the tumbler or the actual switch?

Have you checked for switched power with the key on? If not, turn the key to the on position and check the red/green at the coil for voltage. That will at least tell you if the switch is working.

Do you have tilt steering? If so, try it with the wheel in different positions. The rod that activates the switch may be out of wack.

Comment

the switch, i am going to replace the tumbler next if it will matter. ok ill try that thanks

Comment

I wouldn't change the tumbler w/o testing for 12v key on. The radio or windshield wipers can serve for that test. Then you need a multimeter and figure out why you're getting 12v key in crank only to the trigger leg of the relay. I have a evtm for a '90. The location of the fuel pump relay is year specific on the foxes but I'd be happy to text you pics of the manual. It might help. Pm me if you want any diagrams from it.

Comment

If you pulled the tumbler out, you could have installed it, a tooth off where it should be. So "key on" may not apply until you turn it to the start position.

Comment

gonna swap it to see if that helps

Comment

Working...
                          X